6.16.210 Found on Cheesecake

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
georgeo18yal said:
No, you have to be rooted from what I can tell.

If you side load via recovery it can be done without root, but side loading can be quite a bit more tricky & you should read up before even thinking about trying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Last edited:

Agrajag

Reaction score
I we installed the leak, as per Brad's approach, what does that mean when the official comes out? Will we need to go all the way back? At this point I'm tired of total restarts so I may just wait it out.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Agrajag said:
I we installed the leak, as per Brad's approach, what does that mean when the official comes out? Will we need to go all the way back? At this point I'm tired of total restarts so I may just wait it out.

You can't go all the way back with any build newer than 79. At this time you can move forward.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Not sure I quite get this. So if I install this build what happens when the release comes out? Will we all just be able to get it OTA?

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Agrajag said:
Not sure I quite get this. So if I install this build what happens when the release comes out? Will we all just be able to get it OTA?

Assuming this build doesn't end up being the OTA, you'd install that build in a way similar to how you did this one. This is also assuming current exploit still work or new ones are found.

wojtalsd

Reaction score
Does this leak have all the Verizon bloatware added? I've only noticed talk about blurware being added/updated in previous builds. These 2 things along with how well everything works can be used to judge if this build is likely/close to being final.

Yes it has the amazon, blockbuster, mog, motoactv, and all of the usual verizon apps.

jcp70

Reaction score
I took the plunge and installed it, got a sideload error but erasing the cache and factory reset fixed and installed! I got to say im liking it alot! So someone tell me how to freeze apps or hide them. Also im not rooted!

dfcfu342

Reaction score
brad92 said:
What's sad though, is that .905 isn't even out yet, and the RAZR should be getting ICS by the end of the month. Its taken Motorola forever to address the signal issues some have been having with the Bionic. I also agree about the leak situations. Look at how many leaks the RAZR has had. Does that mean the Bionic will need several different builds in order to work toward a stable OTA?

Don't forget the Razr and Bionic have identical hardware other than a 200mhz core clock. Once the Razr OTA is complete a quick port to the Bionic and some testing and polishing and we're ready for ICS.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the Razr and Bionic have identical hardware other than a 200mhz core clock. Once the Razr OTA is complete a quick port to the Bionic and some testing and polishing and we're ready for ICS.

If only Motorola did things this way.

But if they did, we'd be on Gingerbread 2.3.6 right now, and not stuck on 2.3.4

I actually suspect they have seperate development teams working on the 2 devices.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't think the network was ever that great as it goes for the 4g thing, even on my 1 Razr that data worked well it still switched a lot but at least it didn't drop connections & stay dropped for time than it connected, and overheat/drain my battery.

I'm actually not so happy about there being another new build because that just means it's just that much longer until we get the official OTA.

I was holding off on swapping my current Razr for it's data issues in hopes that the new ICS radio fix it, but I don't know if i want to have either risk ending up with a dead battery while car docked or going through the trouble of turning things off while being mobile that are meant to be used during that time.

At least this phone doesn't seem to be as bad as the other 2 with data as using 3g only doesn't overheat as bad, but I paid for a 4g device & service that I should he able to set it & forget it.

You have an excellent point. I wouldn't be thrilled if i were in your shoes my friend :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

wojtalsd

Reaction score
I took the plunge and installed it, got a sideload error but erasing the cache and factory reset fixed and installed! I got to say im liking it alot! So someone tell me how to freeze apps or hide them. Also im not rooted!
Go to your app drawer and hold down the app you want to get rid of. When the app goes to the main page hold it over the "more options" area. You will get more options there to do other things.

smmfc

Reaction score
What steps did you do for the side load? I tried to find them cus i read them in a forum before but I can't seem to find them again?

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
smmfc said:
What steps did you do for the side load? I tried to find them cus i read them in a forum before but I can't seem to find them again?

The site linked in OP has everything you need to know about flashing these leaks, possibly even in the thread that was linked. Most of that sites activity is around this sort of thing.

Edit: I just checked which thread was linked, there's another one for this build that talks more about loading techniques.

Last edited:

tkileh

Reaction score
The site linked in OP has everything you need to know about flashing these leaks, possibly even in the thread that was linked. Most of that sites activity is around this sort of thing.

Edit: I just checked which thread was linked, there's another one for this build that talks more about loading techniques.

I can't seem to find the steps. :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2