New Razr ICS Leak

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Given that this new leak is about the size of the ICS update described on the recent screenshot of Verizon's update road map and that .181 is required, it looks like this recent round of leaks and rumors are the most legit to date. That said, no one should start counting any chickens quite yet.

tkileh

Reaction score
I'll wait for legit ota. Only few more weeks if update map is correct. And its from Verizon not some dude saying he heard it from a very reliable source or some shady ass tech site.

Maxxed Out!!!

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Given that this new leak is about the size of the ICS update described on the recent screenshot of Verizon's update road map and that .181 is required, it looks like this recent round of leaks and rumors are the most legit to date. That said, no one should start counting any chickens quite yet.
Yeah I think this leak will be very close to the official release when it comes. Those running it now report it runs much smoother than the previous leak but there is still a battery charge indicator problem...battery stats are not accurate and erratic. Other than that it seems to be a good build...or so it seems at this early juncture.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Almost...I'm still not flashing this but I know its coming soon.

ViperX

Reaction score
I would love to flash it but I am stock and I do not want to root. Us stock users never get any love.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would love to flash it but I am stock and I do not want to root. Us stock users never get any love.

Actually you get ALL the love (from Verizon and Motorola, that is...) ;)

Reaction score
This build was yesterday and today there is yet another build (6.14.85). However, for those thinking they want to jump on .84 over at droidrzr, apparently it was posted without being tested and as of now there is no way back to the upgrade path as rsd keeps failing those that tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This build was yesterday and today there is yet another build (6.14.85). However, for those thinking they want to jump on .84 over at droidrzr, apparently it was posted without being tested and as of now there is no way back to the upgrade path as rsd keeps failing those that tried.

Oh yeah... I was at that party...lolGood post brother... Love my Dforums

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

ViperX

Reaction score
doggy2965 said:
Im not rooted did factory wipe then loaded worked fine.

How did you install if you are not rooted. And did I just read this takes you off the upgrade path???

Reaction score
How did you install if you are not rooted. And did I just read this takes you off the upgrade path???

All previous leaks could be downlaoded to phone and then installed through stock recovery without root. For some reason the first ics leak did not work like the others so I have a feeling that they just assumed you had to follow those same steps again but that does not mean that this update would require root.

As for being stuck, there are several users claiming they are stuck and cannot go back to a previous stock using fastboot. However, there is one guy who claims that he tested it 4 times and it worked. So for now, it is up for debate.

doggy2965

Reaction score
Downloaded the put on sd-ext and loaded thru recovery first try aborted did gactory wipe then reran and it loaded. Now running 4.03. First try did abort so please do at own risk. As far as upgrade path razr utility will hopefully take me back to stock if necessary.

ViperX

Reaction score
doggy2965 said:
Downloaded the put on sd-ext and loaded thru recovery first try aborted did gactory wipe then reran and it loaded. Now running 4.03. First try did abort so please do at own risk. As far as upgrade path razr utility will hopefully take me back to stock if necessary.

Idk I think I am going to pass. I don't want to be stuck on that leak. I was just on the droid razr forums and it seems like chaos with this leak. I really want but it looks like it's going to be too much trouble.