3 hr, 28 mins since unplugged - 93% remaining!

DroidStang

Reaction score
ok so been 12 hrs. +..... phone has been on whole time, 58 % remaing. see use below.
2, 5 min calls, did use my other car no GPS so turned it on, was a hour and half trip, screen on the whole time, used GPS again for 15 mins. checked mail, 6 times, running a live moving wallpaper, even did the restart thing which I feel actually does cause battery drain...I used to think the battery tool was hung up and restart calibrated it, but I'm sure the restart drains cause it restrats a bunch of the bloatware you force stop...but with 58% after everything I'm satisfied, and that's just first full charge, no bump charge.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Best answer, root your phone.

Sure, My phone is slightly underclocked under normal circumstances, but it runs faster at 768MHz than stock at 1GHz with the root and debloat. None of my sync options have been modified and I'm at 76% battery after 12 hours of usage.

I'm happy though :)

Rooting is easy, just follow the directions and have some common sense to do research before hand. If you own a smartphone you should have the technical knowledge....if not then go out and buy a Jitterbug, I heard the battery on those things last for weeks.

How is that even possible? You must be running a custom ROM.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Def root. You say you find your phone running faster while underclocked? Is that normal? I'm getting hooked on this stuff ever since I got my d2. I'm running milestone and setcpu. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2

It's possible with a optimized custom ROM, but nobody in here is running a stock ROM, underclocking and can honestly say their phone is faster than it was at 1GHz.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Well The Dark Night has finished playing (all 2.5 hours of it) and now I have "revenge of the Sith" playing. Still at 78%. (Screen brightness is at 50%)

There is something VERY fishy going on here as I barely made it to this time of day with more than 30% battery and that was without taxing the system.

I am calling shenanigans on HTC claiming the stock battery is 1400mah. (Either that or this thing has way more than 2750mah capacity).

That's some serious usage you logged compared to all these other users. Even more amazing is the battery life your managing to sustain. Your post along will definitely make me consider getting one of those extended batteries, I'm just struggling with the size of it.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Been right at 24 hrs now on first full charge forgot add and not sure matters bluetooth runs 24/7 and at 40% still happy here

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
Ok finished up the day surfing, Bluetooth connected whole time 36 hours got 20% left putting on charger
at 5%
Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
Minimum use ......4 phones calls checking mail Droid forum app used on the tb 8.5 hours off charger at 90% , I'm liking the extended battery .

Sent from my Thunderbolt