3 hr, 28 mins since unplugged - 93% remaining!

nateccnn

Reaction score
OK...I cheated. I succumbed to the pressure and bought an extended battery from Verizon. I have the Verizon case with the rubber under a hard shell and cut the back so that the battery can protrude through the cover. So the hump is very minimal since the case had already added thickness to the Thunderbolt.

I am blown away how this battery is performing. If I do my math correctly, I should get 49 hours out of this battery. That ain't right, is it?

Nate

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
49 Hours of Data disabled, CPU underclocked to almost nothing, Airplane mode on, and screen off the entire time. Yea sounds fun.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
49 Hours of Data disabled, CPU underclocked to almost nothing, Airplane mode on, and screen off the entire time. Yea sounds fun.

I do not have CPU throttled down, I have all my data turned on, Airplane is not set and my screen has been on quite a bit today. What are you talking about?

I've now been up for 4 hours and 44 min and it's reading 90% remaining.

The extended battery seems to be the answer!

Nate

cpjr

Reaction score
The answer....I guess.

I used to be able to get 4+ hours out of my DX with a stock battery and still be at 90% :(

I love the TB, but wow.

FlyFishGuy

Reaction score
Looks like i'll be getting battery in my near future.
What size is it and how much they bang ya for it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been suspicious that this has been part of the battery life problem as well - wonder if making that switch would help...

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
43 bucks. It's twice the size of the normal battery. Physical as well as ma.

Nate

sent from my thunderbolt using touch input do prone to typing errors.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or you could spend 3 dollars and get an extra battery from Amazon. I didn't believe it until I got it. It seemed to good to be true, but it works great!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Mikedd_87

Reaction score
Best answer, root your phone.

Sure, My phone is slightly underclocked under normal circumstances, but it runs faster at 768MHz than stock at 1GHz with the root and debloat. None of my sync options have been modified and I'm at 76% battery after 12 hours of usage.

I'm happy though :)

Rooting is easy, just follow the directions and have some common sense to do research before hand. If you own a smartphone you should have the technical knowledge....if not then go out and buy a Jitterbug, I heard the battery on those things last for weeks.

DroidStang

Reaction score
If you get a discount as I do from verizon cause our company does, buy your battery through the verizon website you view your bill at, I just ordered 37.12 free 2nd day fedex. battery w/ cover...I'll take it. so I know my stock battery at least lasts 20 hrs. minimual use. good spare..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Def root. You say you find your phone running faster while underclocked? Is that normal? I'm getting hooked on this stuff ever since I got my d2. I'm running milestone and setcpu. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
10 hrs 7 min...74% battery remaining. No matter how I calculate this it looks like close to 40 hours possible. That is worth 43 bucks in my humble opine.

I am rooted and I did debloat. But this extended battery rocks.

I've been running around my building all day testing wireless signals as we rebuilt our network today. I gave this battery a workout today.

Nate

sent from my thunderbolt using touch input do prone to typing errors.

wingdo

Reaction score
I got my extended battery via fedex last night. I let it fully charge up all night, and this morning I have set about to drop it down to 0 so that the TB knows its new max and minimum points. It's been off the charger for 4 hours, I used it as I normally did in the mornings to make one quick call to work and follow up on my e-mails, I used it as an MP3 player off charger for my drive in, and for the last 1:15 "The Dark Night" has been playing in Astro so the screen has been on solid during that time and the CPU is actually doing stuff. I'm currently sitting at 88%.

What I do not understand here is the fact I've gone from a 1400mah battery to a 2750mah battery but I am going to get FAR more than double the battery life. I am beginning to think the 1400mah rating given to the stock battery is far too generous.