3 hr, 28 mins since unplugged - 93% remaining!

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i got 12hrs yesterday.. stock battery.. Not rooted.. in 4g all day..

playing mp3s all day long.. some phones calls here and there.. moderate usage.. at the 12hr mark, i was basically trying to kill it.. just playing games..

the battery drama is definately overblown... this is a typical smartphone with a normal battery, imo..

DroidStang

Reaction score
I have to agree....regular flip phone with may 2 5 min. calls a day..charged that about every 3 days...just a phone, no text, no mail, plain LG 5300...this, 19 hours, that's calls surfing net some, using the forum app, Golf game, loading apps...the 2750 battery will be here today so will be nice to see if can go 2 days w/o a charge.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I noticed significant drops after restarting as well. I think, the Thunderbolt is reporting correctly. I think there is a glitch in the software that is causing the Thunderbolt to drain the battery during the glitch when the phone freezes up during a boot up.

Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder using DroidForums app

DroidStang

Reaction score
I think I set to fast Boot once, seemed to have better battery power, but something trigger I had to turn off, I forget though, but booted up fast and used less resources.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I dont really have any issue with the batt life per se, but would really like to know how much I have left. I sure hope it gets resolved.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I would be curious to see what happens if the batt is charged externally. The DINC had the same issue and had to be bump charged as a result.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Got my extended battery just now, bought another protector cover..Mmm mucked up a little modifying it, but protecting the main parts, ...sides, top, bottom, around the camera lens..came at 36% so will leave screen on all the time right now and use for mail, and if call comes in fine, but trying kill so can do a full charge and see how does over weekend with use.

DroidStang

Reaction score
What was it, 2.5 hours ago since popped in new extended battery. Out box was 36% pull battery been doing mail and forum since then, leaving screen on..lol .35% left, lovin it

Sent from my Thunderbolt

mark3748

Reaction score
5580904773_a1ce4b845a.jpg

49% after 16.5 hours on a stock battery. And I've been using it pretty heavily all day. tons of email, text, spent about 3 hours playing with ringtones.

Also, I forgot to re-tweak my sync settings so, FB, Twitter, Exchange, Gmail, they're all stock dancedroid

DISCLAIMER: rooted, heavily modded and on wifi for 40-50% of the time. Running my own ROM with a bunch of tweaks compiled from many other devs, including over-clocked, LV kernel.

EDIT: forgot to say what I came here to say in the first place! Was going to get the extended battery this weekend but wanted to see how much I could get out of the stock battery, now I'm not sure if I should even bother. When I'm at work I get 4g but not at home, haven't notice too much of a battery hit in 4g, but it does use more. Getting 4g at home in another month or so, so it may be worthwhile to get an extended battery, still not sure tho.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Ok first full charge on the new extended battery, just turned on for day. will set screen bright at 25%, running live screen wallpaper, time out at 30 sec. and will use as I normally do, maybe 3 to 6 5 min. phone calls a day, check mail as users update on forum, which will be every minute lol...use forum app, camera....no sense using GPS...got one in car that cost as much as this TB...will play some games...at 8 pm, will give % left.

dangerous

Reaction score
OK...I cheated. I succumbed to the pressure and bought an extended battery from Verizon. I have the Verizon case with the rubber under a hard shell and cut the back so that the battery can protrude through the cover. So the hump is very minimal since the case had already added thickness to the Thunderbolt.

I am blown away how this battery is performing. If I do my math correctly, I should get 49 hours out of this battery. That ain't right, is it?

Nate

Got any pics of what the phone looks like with the back cut out?
+1

10 char