My Battery Life Writeup

Joyna

Reaction score
Thanks NiceGuys!
until I read & utilized your wonderful post, my phone (in my pocket & not being used) would heat up suddenly & be dead by lunchtime. The calendar was using most of the battery. I'm not sure which change did it, but the calendar (being used the same amount as before) isn't even on the use list now.
I've been advised my my in house tech support (hubby) not to root, as it might be harmful to my warranty?
Thanks again!
J

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks NiceGuys!
until I read & utilized your wonderful post, my phone (in my pocket & not being used) would heat up suddenly & be dead by lunchtime. The calendar was using most of the battery. I'm not sure which change did it, but the calendar (being used the same amount as before) isn't even on the use list now.
I've been advised my my in house tech support (hubby) not to root, as it might be harmful to my warranty?
Thanks again!
J

Rooting TECHNICALLY invalidates your warranty. However, if you ever need service, it's easy enough to un root (one click, same as rooting). If your hubby is technically inclined, he should read up on SBFing these phones (easy, there's a sticky at the top of the forum), and then you should never need support. If you have Asurion insurance, it doesn't matter if you root, they replace the handset no matter what.

Joyna

Reaction score
Getting smarter.... caved & bought new battery; they broke my case putting it back on over the bigger door (glad she did it not me, so the store had to replace the case).

Do you really leave the door off when the case is on?
Mine fits tight but it's on :).

Is there a way to disable Wi-Fi search?
I haven't found it yet... and only want to connect to it at home. I hesitate to tell it (wi-fi) to never sleep... It hasn't found one yet that wasn't locked, and at home is fine.
Thanks again!
J

supermaughan

Reaction score
just a quick question I followed all the apps u said to freeze and it really messed up my contacts I had to restore to fix it I dont know which one did it but I wish I knew so I could freeze them all

I have the same problem. When I froze the apps a bunch of my contacts. I went back and thawed Work Contacts 2.2, Yahoo Contacts 2.2 and SIM contacts 2.2 but they didn't come back. Anyone know what happened and if I can get my contacts back?

nikkicowface

Reaction score
i found this post extremely useful. i just got my D2 about a week and a half ago and i just did everything you mentioned, almost exactly. im looking forward to seeing a difference in my battery life and want to thank you for posting this thread. :)

Rocky

Reaction score
Just a post to subscribe to this thread. I wanna learn from it when I got the time.

Thanks,

NiceGuyWhoFinishedLast

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Offtopic: you could subscribe without posting. The heading line below the page ticker has a menu, Thread Tools. If you click it, there's a “Subscribe to this thread” item.

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello, G.Y.

Offtopic: you could subscribe without posting. The heading line below the page ticker has a menu, Thread Tools. If you click it, there's a “Subscribe to this thread” item.
Oh, OK. I'll look into that next time. Thanks for the tip.

Rocky

473x15

Reaction score
Any one know whats the name of file so I could freeze ( leds notification )

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kevinleedrum

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I froze the apps a bunch of my contacts. I went back and thawed Work Contacts 2.2, Yahoo Contacts 2.2 and SIM contacts 2.2 but they didn't come back. Anyone know what happened and if I can get my contacts back?

I had to unfreeze Yahoo Contacts, Yahoo Mail Authenticator, and Corporate Sync Authenticator to be able open individual contacts. I personally was able to freeze Work Contacts and SIM Contacts. (In case anyone comes here with the same problem)

Here is my list of frozen apps (using rooted, leaked Gingerbread). I don't use e-mail (besides Gmail), bluetooth, or anything but CDMA. I only sync Google Contacts and Gmail, which still work fine. A lot of this is personal preference based on features I use.

AdService
Android Live Wallpapers
Apps
AtCommandService
Backup Assistant
Backup Assistant Client
Bluetooth Share
BluetoothDun
blur.res
Books
City ID
com.motorola.photowidget
Date and Time
Desk Home
DLNA
DlnaSystemService
DMService
Droid Eye
Email
Email Authenticator
Emergency Alerts
Facebook Authenticator
Fake Blur Xmpp
Flickr Authenticator
Global Unplug
Help Center
Home
Home screen tips
HSTcmd
HTML Viewer
InPocket
IPSec VPNs
Kpi Logger Service
LastFM Authenticator
LinkedIn Authenticator
Live Wallpaper Picker
Location Consent
LocationProxyDmPlugin
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Manage SIM card
Media Share
MediaSync
MS Exchange Service
Music
Music Visualization Wallpapers
My Uploads
My Verizon Mobile
Myspace Authenticator
News
News & Weather
Orkut Authenticator
Photobucket Authenticator
Picasa Authenticator
Pico Tts
Print to Retail
Quick Contact
Quickoffice
QuickSms
SIM Contacts
SIM Toolkit
Skype mobile
Skyrock Authenticator
Social Messaging
Social Messaging Service
Social Networking
Social Sharing
Social Status
Sound Recorder
Sticky note
Suggestions
Suggestions Core...
Suggestions Poll S...
Swype
Sync Service
Talk
Tasks
Toggle Widgets
TTS Service
Twitter Authenticator
Universal Inbox
V CAST Media Manager
Video Editor Lite
Voice Readouts
VPN Services
VZ Navigator
VZW Package Installer
Weather
Work Contacts
World Clock
Youtube Authenticator
Zoom Mode

Last edited:

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
May I assume Droid Eye is the red eye as the phone boots up? Also, anyone know what the file name is for the lockscreen? It's not "lockscreen"... thanks everyone!

D2G rooted.