3 hr, 28 mins since unplugged - 93% remaining!

wingdo

Reaction score
Well The Dark Night has finished playing (all 2.5 hours of it) and now I have "revenge of the Sith" playing. Still at 78%. (Screen brightness is at 50%)

There is something VERY fishy going on here as I barely made it to this time of day with more than 30% battery and that was without taxing the system.

I am calling shenanigans on HTC claiming the stock battery is 1400mah. (Either that or this thing has way more than 2750mah capacity).

DroidStang

Reaction score
So I feel not ripped off ordering bigger battery, you are saying stock sucked lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

wingdo

Reaction score
Actually I like the way the phone *feels* in my hand when using it. Due to the large screen size the way my hands have to hold it with the stock battery there is a gap under the base of the phone as my fingers cup the sides. The extended battery fills this cupped area nicely.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Great cannot wait I am going to do the cut back out of another cover trick

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I am opting out of a ext battery.. for i work on a computer all day.. mid day bump charge is no big deal for me..

80% battery left.. 3h2m since unplugged.. minimal usage.. few txts here and there.. but im playing MP3s... i will not have that battery sticking out so fugly like that.. i will just charge when i get to 50% no big deal for me..

congrats to the OP tho..

Kittysback

Reaction score
My battery experience

I only had the phone 2 days. Yesterday, let it fully charge. I was on it almost 4 hours non stop and still had over 1/2 battery left. Charged it overnight. Turned it on at 5:30 this morning. I used it some during the day... took a few pics, sent many text messages, surfed a little on the internet (checked facebook, etc.). It's now 3:30 PM and I have over 1/2 battery left. I am in a 3G area though. The verizon rep told me the battery problems are mostly in 4G areas and that HTC is working on a software upgrade to correct this problem. Hope they are right and that it's corrected before I have 4G.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
im in a 4g area.. i have great battery life imo.. i cant complain really.. the battery talk is overblown.. once your battery has a couple full discharges.. it works out great.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Yeah I like that sucker to get to 5% before plugging in unless tethered

wingdo

Reaction score
Well the battery life continues. Been off the charger for 8 hours now, 5 hours of movie playing and just now starting up the 3rd movie, screen set to 88% brightness and I am STILL at 51% battery.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I got my 2750 with the phone and it does last longer...duh. Try this and let me know what happens. Pull it put it back and let the phone reboot. Let me know if the batt% drops significantly after you put it back in. I have been testing this and it's bugging me pretty badly right now.

Was getting great life out of it today and then pulled the batt. Before the pull it was at about 45% after I put it back in and rebooted it was at 21%. Now...either the boot sequence killed over 20% of the battery or the OS is not properly reporting the life.

det0n8r

Reaction score
Best answer, root your phone.
If you own a smartphone you should have the technical knowledge....if not then go out and buy a Jitterbug, I heard the battery on those things last for weeks.

LMAO, I think you talked me into it!

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
OK...I cheated. I succumbed to the pressure and bought an extended battery from Verizon. I have the Verizon case with the rubber under a hard shell and cut the back so that the battery can protrude through the cover. So the hump is very minimal since the case had already added thickness to the Thunderbolt.

I am blown away how this battery is performing. If I do my math correctly, I should get 49 hours out of this battery. That ain't right, is it?

Nate

Got any pics of what the phone looks like with the back cut out?

Reaction score
Best answer, root your phone.

Sure, My phone is slightly underclocked under normal circumstances, but it runs faster at 768MHz than stock at 1GHz with the root and debloat. None of my sync options have been modified and I'm at 76% battery after 12 hours of usage.

I'm happy though :)

Rooting is easy, just follow the directions and have some common sense to do research before hand. If you own a smartphone you should have the technical knowledge....if not then go out and buy a Jitterbug, I heard the battery on those things last for weeks.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Set up profiles with set CPU and I'll be good. I may get the 1600mah battery soon as well from AndroidSpin. I also heard of a possible 1800 coming soon. Same size not extended battery covers.

Sent from my TundaBow! using DroidForums

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Nate. Get the batt down to about 50% or so and pull it. Put it back in and tell me what happens. Mine drops almost 20% after the reboot. I don't think the phone is reporting the correct % remaining.