3 hr, 28 mins since unplugged - 93% remaining!

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by nateccnn, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Def root. You say you find your phone running faster while underclocked? Is that normal? I'm getting hooked on this stuff ever since I got my d2. I'm running milestone and setcpu. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2

2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    10 hrs 7 min...74% battery remaining. No matter how I calculate this it looks like close to 40 hours possible. That is worth 43 bucks in my humble opine.

I am rooted and I did debloat. But this extended battery rocks.

I've been running around my building all day testing wireless signals as we rebuilt our network today. I gave this battery a workout today.

Nate

sent from my thunderbolt using touch input do prone to typing errors.

3. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I got my extended battery via fedex last night. I let it fully charge up all night, and this morning I have set about to drop it down to 0 so that the TB knows its new max and minimum points. It's been off the charger for 4 hours, I used it as I normally did in the mornings to make one quick call to work and follow up on my e-mails, I used it as an MP3 player off charger for my drive in, and for the last 1:15 "The Dark Night" has been playing in Astro so the screen has been on solid during that time and the CPU is actually doing stuff. I'm currently sitting at 88%.

What I do not understand here is the fact I've gone from a 1400mah battery to a 2750mah battery but I am going to get FAR more than double the battery life. I am beginning to think the 1400mah rating given to the stock battery is far too generous.

4. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well The Dark Night has finished playing (all 2.5 hours of it) and now I have "revenge of the Sith" playing. Still at 78%. (Screen brightness is at 50%)

There is something VERY fishy going on here as I barely made it to this time of day with more than 30% battery and that was without taxing the system.

I am calling shenanigans on HTC claiming the stock battery is 1400mah. (Either that or this thing has way more than 2750mah capacity).

5. DroidStang

DroidStang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I feel not ripped off ordering bigger battery, you are saying stock sucked lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

6. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually I like the way the phone *feels* in my hand when using it. Due to the large screen size the way my hands have to hold it with the stock battery there is a gap under the base of the phone as my fingers cup the sides. The extended battery fills this cupped area nicely.

7. DroidStang

DroidStang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great cannot wait I am going to do the cut back out of another cover trick

8. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am opting out of a ext battery.. for i work on a computer all day.. mid day bump charge is no big deal for me..

80% battery left.. 3h2m since unplugged.. minimal usage.. few txts here and there.. but im playing MP3s... i will not have that battery sticking out so fugly like that.. i will just charge when i get to 50% no big deal for me..

congrats to the OP tho..

9. Kittysback

Kittysback Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery experience

I only had the phone 2 days. Yesterday, let it fully charge. I was on it almost 4 hours non stop and still had over 1/2 battery left. Charged it overnight. Turned it on at 5:30 this morning. I used it some during the day... took a few pics, sent many text messages, surfed a little on the internet (checked facebook, etc.). It's now 3:30 PM and I have over 1/2 battery left. I am in a 3G area though. The verizon rep told me the battery problems are mostly in 4G areas and that HTC is working on a software upgrade to correct this problem. Hope they are right and that it's corrected before I have 4G.

10. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    im in a 4g area.. i have great battery life imo.. i cant complain really.. the battery talk is overblown.. once your battery has a couple full discharges.. it works out great.

11. DroidStang

DroidStang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I like that sucker to get to 5% before plugging in unless tethered

12. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well the battery life continues. Been off the charger for 8 hours now, 5 hours of movie playing and just now starting up the 3rd movie, screen set to 88% brightness and I am STILL at 51% battery.

Search tags for this page

battery app 93% remaining about 37 min left