2.1 on the DROID - an early view

Status
Not open for further replies.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Notice both responses are using the letter "S" , soon , spring . Not buying it !

Nick177th

Reaction score
Seriously speaking, When alot of us lost our minds when we didn't get the update in Jan/Feb timeframe, I felt bad (a little) that i got pissed. After reading that little "soon" blurb again, f&*k them. I'm 51 years old. I have no time to try and figure out what the hell someone is trying to say. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. "I can't wait til spring"? Man, GTFOH with that stuff. Sorry folks. Just had a little flashback.

bpad10

Reaction score
Gotta love conspiracy theories....do you realize spring lasts until May.....:)

cuskit

Reaction score
How many are that unhappy with 2.01? I find my Droid gets me through every day just fine - it fills the need. I'd love to see some upgrades - but that's not to say I'm unhappy with what I have now.. :)

Is 2.1 really coming in February? :icon_ devil: mikey

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Any news yet as to when 2.1 OTA is going to be released ? :icon_ banana:
When yo tell someone "soon" , is code for , "your not going to get it so shut up already ."

No, it's code for "Not now, later. Stop asking."

In an alternate universe, this forum is complaining about the bugs in the rushed 2.1 update.

bpad10

Reaction score
Any news yet as to when 2.1 OTA is going to be released ? :icon_ banana:
When yo tell someone "soon" , is code for , "your not going to get it so shut up already ."

No, it's code for "Not now, later. Stop asking."

In an alternate universe, this forum is complaining about the bugs in the rushed 2.1 update.

And we've accepted 2.01 bugs (email, bluetooth, lack of multi-touch?)....heaven forbid we are given a chance with 2.1....

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Go to the Motorola support forums for the Droid.

If you haven't joined, join.

Go to this thread https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/24691

Subsrcibe to the "receive notification via email".

When 2.1 comes out, you will get a message. Since I don't use GMail for anything other than syncing my contacts, I used my Gmail address to subscribe to this. So, when I get a message via Gmail.... chances are it will be the 2.1 announcement, so, now I don't have to sit and speculate, worry, and try and read between the lines of every 2.1 related article, post, thread, tweet, and blog entry.

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Why don't those of you complaining about not having 2.1 simply install the leaked 2.1 ERE25 ROM from the video?

It does not require root, in fact you lose root if you install it. I have been using it for over a week now, and it works fantastic. Incredible battery life, fast for not being over clocked, and much more stable than any user ROM I have tried.

bpad10

Reaction score
It will be very nice when this is all over and we can all move on....

Whether your whining about 2.1 or whining about whiners....your still whining:icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.