Droid 2.1 and Magic Smoke Wallpaper--Bad mix?

ronimous

Reaction score
So on my rooted 2.1 Droid I was running the Magic Smoke Live Wallpaper. I had considerable lag, particularly with the launcher. Many times the phone would freeze up and reboot. This would happen several times a day.

Now I've switched to the falling leaf live wallpaper and I've had zero freezes/reboots and no lag.

Anyone else have this experience...is the live wallpaper too much for the Droid to handle since it was created for the more powerful N1?

Maybe we won't get some of the live wallpapers in the official 2.1 update for the Droid?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since the 2.1 rom you're running isn't optimized specifically for the droid, I doubt that the official 2.1 will lack any features.

Dandroid247

Reaction score
So on my rooted 2.1 Droid I was running the Magic Smoke Live Wallpaper. I had considerable lag, particularly with the launcher. Many times the phone would freeze up and reboot. This would happen several times a day.

Now I've switched to the falling leaf live wallpaper and I've had zero freezes/reboots and no lag.

Anyone else have this experience...is the live wallpaper too much for the Droid to handle since it was created for the more powerful N1?

Maybe we won't get some of the live wallpapers in the official 2.1 update for the Droid?

yeah all of the live wallpapers have locked mine up or caused a reboot at some point or another. But like Hank said, we should get an optimized version which will (fingers crossed) run well using the Droid's hardware.

Then again I could be completely wrong and it could be full of bugs lol. What do I know?