2.1 on the DROID - an early view

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Also it would be nice to clear the market search history(hehe) and there should be a chat option in the regular facebook app. Idk why the iphone n itouch have it but tghe droid doesnt..STRANGE..

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Can someone do a sticky with the different ROMs and ratings for each ?
Ease of use , success %age , what Apps they add or have .
Just a thought . :motdroidhoriz:

bpad10

Reaction score
Well....it "seems" as though 2.1 talk is quiet. Almost too quiet. Feels like Motorola and Verizon are hoping we just forget about it completely. No whispers, no slip-ups, no talk about set backs, nothing.

I keep coming here hoping Cereal Killer has some inside info (seems to be very well connected). Even if its bad news.....

Is this the calm before the storm? I hope so, and I hope it breaks soon (my definition, not Motorola's)

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
:icon_ poke:....have you all have noticed vzw is really pushing the droid on tv again and it's a new ad campaign....hmmmmm....

TimChgo9

Reaction score
:icon_ poke:....have you all have noticed vzw is really pushing the droid on tv again and it's a new ad campaign....hmmmmm....

I have noticed it too.. Droid advertisements are all over the local PACE buses here around the Chicago Suburbs, and on some CTA buses in the city. I have seen at least 3 Droid billboards along the expressways, and lots of TV commercials.

Not sure that it means anything.....but, I love the commercials... Oh yeah... My sister, and her husband are now Droid owners as well, and so is my daughters' best friend's mom...It's definitely catching on.

bass_lover1

Reaction score

Yep, I noticed that as well.

From about Dec/Jan to late Feb there were almost zero Droid TV ads, now I see one to two every night.

hlaalu

Reaction score

Yep, I noticed that as well.

From about Dec/Jan to late Feb there were almost zero Droid TV ads, now I see one to two every night.

Same here, I keep seeing that one commercial, "say you want to search for human" lol

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
yeah when the ad comes on when im with my friend who has the Iphone I always answer yes in an eagerly loud voice.

Dark-V

Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE!!!
A new Android device is coming out, with a better OS than the Droid. It's like Deja Vu!

This sounds familiar!! Blackberry Storm, we were all waiting for 5.0 to come out, but most wanted to ditch it for the Storm 2, which had 5.0. VZW pushed out 5.0 right before the Storm 2 was released to shut up all the original Storm owners.

Verizon has done this before, we'll most likely get our update right before they let out the Nexus One.

Dark-V

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything. Just realized a correlation with how Verizon has been working.

I've seen a couple of rumors about the Nexus One coming to VZW soon (late March). Which would give Verizon a good excuse to wait to roll out 2.1 to the Droid users until right before the Nexus One releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.