2.0.1 Issues

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by novacane, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Silverwing

Silverwing Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had that same problem, I restarted the phone and waited 30 seconds. It fixed it self, send me a PM if that doesn't work and I can see about some other stuff that may fix it because I am not exactly sure what fixed it for me.

2. schleppy

schleppy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The soft key/keyboard backlighting on my Droid was working inconsistently after 2.0.1. I tried opening the camera as you suggested, and it appears to work now. Odd. EDIT: The key backlighting is not fixed. It's back to the way it was after installing the 2.0.1 update.

The browser scrolling has slowed down a lot with this update too, sadly.

#14 schleppy, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  3. zegolf

zegolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if this might have been a culprit in the elusive "Phone screen doesn't show when I pull it away from my ear" problem?

4. kdw11005

kdw11005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My screen wouldn't show when I pulled the phone away from my ear about half the time. I thought it was something I was doing somehow and figured the call would end when the other person hung up (I hope). This is the first I've seen anyone else posting about it but since the 2.0.1 update I haven't had that problem (hopefully fixed).

5. zegolf

zegolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There have been a lot of posts about it on these forums, actually. It seemed to be a pretty prevalent problem. Some people thought it might be the oils on your face, other people thought maybe long hair. I noticed that if I hit the lock/power button when this happened, the screen came back on, so maybe it was a timeout issue. Regardless, it does appear to be fixed.

Problems I've had with 2.0.1? A little bit of lag, right off the bat, but other than that, it's been near flawless.

6. repo

repo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handsect issue here.....can't forward a text. Nor delete a text from a thread.

7. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    strange that some people have issues and others do not. Personally i have not had any issues since the update. Lag? Seems as my lag has improved. Not much at all. If you are talking about lag with the browser then you need to check your signal also. You cannot compare lag unless you do it from the same spot with same signal strength.

8. schleppy

schleppy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Signal has nothing to do with the lag. I've had pages fully loaded and they scroll a good deal slower.

9. randallk

randallk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All of my email accounts show the sync as "off" with both auto-sync and background data unchecked...my corporate email is still flying through with less than a second difference after hitting my laptop....wierd....

10. hobby31

hobby31 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've noticed the browser lag. I've also noticed my calendar widget displays correctly but when I tap it to bring up the calandar it comes up displaying the next day or tomorrow. I've reinstalled the widget and it still does this.

11. HAKmaster

HAKmaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem with the buttons not lighting up. I restarted the phone and tried the camera...still no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

12. Batfan.com

Batfan.com Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Got my update installed first thing when I got up this morning. :)

Experienced the usual issues with the Keyboard/Soft Keys not lighting up. However, after 3 reboots and a battery removal, it seems to be working again.

Other than that, everything seems to be fine. Haven't noticed any browser lag and overall my system seems to run quicker. The camera also appears to snap pictures faster.

I will say that I did find 2 tiny issues that I have not seen reported:

1. I had the 'Gallery' icon on my desktop. When I clicked it, it gave the following error:

'This application is not currently installed'

However, I simply deleted the icon and added a new one and that seems to have corrected the issue.

2. I have the 'Facebook Phonebook' folder on my desktop. This is now empty for some reason. I've tried removing the icon and re-adding it, also tried removing the facebook account and re-adding it. Still nothing, even after the reboots. Anyone else having this issue?

Search tags for this page

ù…ø§ø¯ø±ø³ùƒø³ ø´ùˆø±øª