2.0.1 Issues

kdw11005

Reaction score
My screen wouldn't show when I pulled the phone away from my ear about half the time. I thought it was something I was doing somehow and figured the call would end when the other person hung up (I hope). This is the first I've seen anyone else posting about it but since the 2.0.1 update I haven't had that problem (hopefully fixed).

zegolf

Reaction score
My screen wouldn't show when I pulled the phone away from my ear about half the time. I thought it was something I was doing somehow and figured the call would end when the other person hung up (I hope). This is the first I've seen anyone else posting about it but since the 2.0.1 update I haven't had that problem (hopefully fixed).

There have been a lot of posts about it on these forums, actually. It seemed to be a pretty prevalent problem. Some people thought it might be the oils on your face, other people thought maybe long hair. I noticed that if I hit the lock/power button when this happened, the screen came back on, so maybe it was a timeout issue. Regardless, it does appear to be fixed.

Problems I've had with 2.0.1? A little bit of lag, right off the bat, but other than that, it's been near flawless.

repo

Reaction score
Handsect issue here.....can't forward a text. Nor delete a text from a thread.

huskur

Reaction score
strange that some people have issues and others do not. Personally i have not had any issues since the update. Lag? Seems as my lag has improved. Not much at all. If you are talking about lag with the browser then you need to check your signal also. You cannot compare lag unless you do it from the same spot with same signal strength.

schleppy

Reaction score
strange that some people have issues and others do not. Personally i have not had any issues since the update. Lag? Seems as my lag has improved. Not much at all. If you are talking about lag with the browser then you need to check your signal also. You cannot compare lag unless you do it from the same spot with same signal strength.

Signal has nothing to do with the lag. I've had pages fully loaded and they scroll a good deal slower.

randallk

Reaction score
All of my email accounts show the sync as "off" with both auto-sync and background data unchecked...my corporate email is still flying through with less than a second difference after hitting my laptop....wierd....

hobby31

Reaction score
I've noticed the browser lag. I've also noticed my calendar widget displays correctly but when I tap it to bring up the calandar it comes up displaying the next day or tomorrow. I've reinstalled the widget and it still does this.

HAKmaster

Reaction score
My soft keys and physical keyboard no longer light up after the OTA update to 2.0.1. I have tried restarting the MotoDroid and that didn't help.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I had that same problem, I restarted the phone and waited 30 seconds. It fixed it self, send me a PM if that doesn't work and I can see about some other stuff that may fix it because I am not exactly sure what fixed it for me.
I'm having the same problem with the buttons not lighting up. I restarted the phone and tried the camera...still no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Got my update installed first thing when I got up this morning. :)

Experienced the usual issues with the Keyboard/Soft Keys not lighting up. However, after 3 reboots and a battery removal, it seems to be working again.

Other than that, everything seems to be fine. Haven't noticed any browser lag and overall my system seems to run quicker. The camera also appears to snap pictures faster.

I will say that I did find 2 tiny issues that I have not seen reported:

1. I had the 'Gallery' icon on my desktop. When I clicked it, it gave the following error:

'This application is not currently installed'

However, I simply deleted the icon and added a new one and that seems to have corrected the issue.

2. I have the 'Facebook Phonebook' folder on my desktop. This is now empty for some reason. I've tried removing the icon and re-adding it, also tried removing the facebook account and re-adding it. Still nothing, even after the reboots. Anyone else having this issue?

Takami826

Reaction score
right after the update, I have my screen set to go off after a minute and it was off after a couple seconds... it was about 2am so I was honestly too tired to care enough to wake up LOL but after I got up and a phone call, it seems to be 'normal'...

I actually have significantly LESS lag than before with my browser, facebook, twidroid, and all the keyboard inputs... my virtual keyboard (landscape and portait) were always laggy and now they are immediate in response.

Camera moves along a little faster but still not fast enough for my personal liking... I think it's fine for those random people watching or other silliness but for real pix I probably will still have to bring my fuji finepix with me (which is ok)

With respect to facebook, my contacts did take a major poo after the update. So I removed Facebook from my contacts, went into Gmail and made sure all my contacts all matched accordingly (I wonder if this was an issue for me because in my gmail it has my contacts by their net handles instead of their real names like on facebook and those were mostly the duplicates I seemed to have) and re-added facebook, resync'd just my contacts (gods to have all those facebookers in my phone?! eep) and now everything is actually better... names, pictures, info looks nice and tidy now :) me like!

Calendar is ok too.

Bear in mind, I've only been a droid owner ( droidian? do we have some idiotic reference name yet) for 1 week so I'm pretty new...

masterxchief

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the buttons not lighting up. I restarted the phone and tried the camera...still no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

If you have the power bar widget on your desktop, press the brightness button and it should turn the button lights back on.

tangentzero9

Reaction score
I have a problem that started after the update and haven't seen anyone else talk about it yet.

When texting the soft keys don't work at all, nothing shows in the box. Though what I type using the soft keys does show up after I slide out the keyboard...but whats the point if i can't correct errors and what not. I'm just using the physical keyboard for texting now. Soft keys work fine in browser.

DoTheDrew

Reaction score
for some reason, im getting major battery drain. it was at 100% an hour ago, now its at 80% after the update.......

also, my contacts have multiple facebook icons now to view their profiles. kind of annoying.

HAKmaster

Reaction score

If you have the power bar widget on your desktop, press the brightness button and it should turn the button lights back on.
Thanks for the tip, that initialy turned them on, but they don't work all of the time. It's weird...

madrsx

Reaction score
I thought my physical keyboard and soft keys weren't lighting up after the update, but I think I figured something out.

Before the update, the physical keyboard lit up every time it slid out. Also the soft keys lit up whenever I used them, and they also lit up during the 5 seconds the screen dims right before the auto screen shut off kicks in.

After the update, neither the keyboard or the soft keys light up if I'm in a bright room. However, if I go into a dark room, they turn on after about 2-3 seconds. I think their settings have been changed to minimize how often they turn on in order to save battery power. I wonder if this was one of the battery saving strategies implemented in the update.