Browser Lag issue in Droid 2.0.1 - Video Example

fishepa

Reaction score
i would like to see a video of the people that say it is smooth.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I will try to make one later on. I don't have a video camera so I don't know how well itll work. Webcam on my laptop ftw.

i would like to see a video of the people that say it is smooth.

freesoftwarefan

Reaction score
Some sites still are ok, but this particular forum and many other sites are incredibly choppy under 2.01 in comparison to how they scrolled previously. I have rebooted the phone and run with no other optional apps loaded, same jerky scrolling in browser.

kunak83

Reaction score
I have the lag too. What is the site to report bugs to google?

pl4tinum

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be the browser only -- scrolling through large menus in Android itself also seems to have this issue for me.

radsaq

Reaction score
Both scrolling while sites are still loading and scrolling after sites are fully loaded has gotten slower for me. Scrolling was always choppy while sites were loading, but it's pretty terrible now.

As far as I can tell it affects all websites, although sites with more images are affected more. Even simple sites like Boston, Massachusetts (02110) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground for iPhone are slightly but still noticeably less smooth. Other sites like The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia are quite obviously choppier.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New2u,

I thought I didn't have the issue either, since I updated to 2.0.1 the other night. I don't know when I really started noticing it, but now that I see it, it becomes apparent.

It's not on EVERY site which makes it hard to figure out why. I would chalk it off to a bad site, but It wasn't like this before.

Yeah sorry about that, i tried some sites and it was super fast, but your right there are some that are just super messed up.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You may want to check the browser settings. It's possible the update changed some of the default browser settings.

I would check the browser settings. If they are different from below continue with instructions.

Optimal browser settings would be as follows:

Text Size: Normal

Default Zoom: Medium

Open Pages in Overview: Checked

Text Encoding: Latin-1

Block Pop ups: Checked

Load Images: Checked

Auto Fit Pages: Checked

Enable Java: Checked

Enable Plug Ins: Checked

Open in Background: UNCHECKED

Clear cache: do clear it

Clear Cookies: do clear

Accept Cookies: Checked

Clear all Cookie Data: do clear

Clear Form Data: do clear

Enable Location: Checked.

If these were the current default settings then stop here. If not continue with:

Closing out the browser and go into manage connections and force stop the browser (or if you prefer powercycle the device.)

Restart browser and see if issue cleared.

Zodduska

Reaction score
Mine still chops more than iron chef even after applying the above tweaks