Mune>Settings>Accounts & Sync Settings
Background Data --> Enabled
Auto-Sync --> Enabled
Gmail Account --> Sync is ON
School email --> Sync if OFF
Facebook --> Sync is OFF

4 Main Issues:
1) Some Contacts have multiple/duplicate entries
2)Contacts (good example is my girlfriend) have two seperate contacts under her name. If i delete the one, she is taken off of my gtalk contacts. She now has one contact profile. If i add her directly fromt hat single profile, it creates a duplicate again
3) Birthdays --> i want to keep track of peoples birthdays. Some are listed twice in my phone
4) Calendar. I sync with Google Calendar(and contacts) and one of my calendars is contacts birthdays and anniversaries.

what is going on??

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
for 1 and 2, it sounds like something got messed up when you synced the first time. Login to your Google account on a PC and verify that your contacts are showing up properly. More often than not, if they're wrong on the phone, it's because they're wrong on your account.

For 3 and 4, it sounds as if you havent set it to sync calendars. Contacts, Calendar, and the like are different settings in the sync menu.....

OP
X

x888x

Reaction score
wish it was that easy

my contacts in google are fine.

Also, this doesnt explain gtalk. I just deleted the second entry under my girlfriend and it removed her from my gtalk contacts. it no longer shows a green dot next to her name

also, why can you not add birthdays in your contacts on your phone?

and yes i know calendar and contact settings are different i sync both.

lddrew

Reaction score
did you get this resolved??? it's driving me nuts too.

I have a contact who's b-day is june 4. In skype, facebook, and google account it says June 4. In my phone it lists both june 4 and june 3!!!! wtf. if i unlink facebook it removes the june 3 issue. however on facebook june 4 is clearly the birthday.