2.0.1 Issues

Goroad1

Reaction score
My favorite App Pandora is having numerous connections problems since the update this morning and my Droid turned off on its own about an hour after it was updated. Other than that I havent seen the 3g bar all day but that could be a locall problem..

hyperlite456

Reaction score
Smart alarm clock didn't work the night I got ota. I guess the program couldn't detect anything when the screen shut off.

joshua117

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one addressed as of yet. After the update my gps location is off. Before it was very accurate, but now it is off by 2+ blocks. I don't know haven't had much time to play with it yet but I have checked it a few time now today and it remains inaccurate. Ideas?

joshua117

Reaction score
oh and I too have experienced the same issues with facebook. but other than that no other issues to report.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Why when I click on a contact some contacts have like 7 view facebook profiles. It varies, some have 3, some 5, etc.. any ideas?

Pinshooter

Reaction score
None of those, BUT>>>

None of the problems mentioned anywhere in this thread. But when are they going to do a fix on the Email not handling attachments from exchange servers? That is the biggest problem I have on the droid....

How about some help? 2.0.1 did'nt fix it!

iclickjohn

Reaction score
I'm going back to my biggest fear. Not enough volume of problems with facebook for a correction to be made. Shouldn't a problem be on everyone's phone? Consistently amongst the few forums I frequent, only a few reporting this issue.
I called Verizon because I thought suuuurrrrreeee the manual upgrade is the same, surrrrre. But they did give me what they said was the definitive assurance that they are one in the same. Build number ESD56. So we should be rest assured that the manual vs. OTA upgrade isn't the cause of the issues. And I am thinking now that a Facebook update is needed to correct the problem.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought my physical keyboard and soft keys weren't lighting up after the update, but I think I figured something out.

Before the update, the physical keyboard lit up every time it slid out. Also the soft keys lit up whenever I used them, and they also lit up during the 5 seconds the screen dims right before the auto screen shut off kicks in.

After the update, neither the keyboard or the soft keys light up if I'm in a bright room. However, if I go into a dark room, they turn on after about 2-3 seconds. I think their settings have been changed to minimize how often they turn on in order to save battery power. I wonder if this was one of the battery saving strategies implemented in the update.

Right on the money in my opinion, its a new power saving implementation.

I also think for those who still have a dark screen after a long call and removing from their face, hit the lock button, I think it just times out for awakening automatically after a certain period, at least, if I'm on a short call, it has come back, if longer (havent timed it) it stays dark, but hitting the button or my volumes (I think) have brought it back.

All in all though, sorry to those still having issues, I'm lovin mine even more ...

Cesar

Reaction score
Google talk missing...

After the update, Google talk is missing as an option under the contact icon. Whenever I tap on my friends picture to pull up the quick launch bar, google talk is no longer showing up. The only way to send a google talk message is if I go into the talk app. Has anyone else had this problem?

freesoftwarefan

Reaction score
There seems to be some verbal confusion over the browser issue. The problem is bad scrolling behavior navigating the page, choppy updating of the screen - NOT slow, laggy connection or loading of pages. The choppy scrolling varies between different sites, but it is very noticeable on this forum, for instance.

hajabooja

Reaction score
There seems to be some verbal confusion over the browser issue. The problem is bad scrolling behavior navigating the page, choppy updating of the screen - NOT slow, laggy connection or loading of pages. The choppy scrolling varies between different sites, but it is very noticeable on this forum, for instance.

Yeah its really bad on this forum.

seanv

Reaction score
Got the update, everything was great. Had to re-log into Facebook, did that, set the same sync option as I had before. Went to look at my contacts about 5 minutes later and it had deleted all but 3 of my contacts.

Today, randomly, all of my text messages got deleted. I have the "delete old text messages" option checked off, so it cant be that. Plus it deleted every thread I had, not just ones over the default 200 limit.

Really annoyed right now.

calpilot7

Reaction score

EXACTLY. I miss the old ARC unlock and I hate the schizoid browser behavior. 2.0 was much smoother and the arc looked much more modern and unique.

J5311

Reaction score
I've got Amanda pretty big problem IMO. My screen shakes. So it is really hard for me to type. Not ont that, but when I go to type on the keypad the screen scrolls down to the bottom so I can't see what I write.

Now the bigggest problem is the screen shakes like it has terrets. I cannot drop or hold anything to delete an appppp if I wanted to. This didn't fix anything. Just made my phone really bad