2.0.1 Issues

Excrucial

Reaction score
after the update i cant use the default gallery viewer, when i press the icon i get a message that says Application not Installed on your phone.

suggestions on how to fix this?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
after the update i cant use the default gallery viewer, when i press the icon i get a message that says Application not Installed on your phone.

suggestions on how to fix this?

Remove that shortcut and re-add it.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I found a bug thats kinda odd. If I am connected to my wifi and on a call using my Bluetooth headset then I walk to my car and lose my wifi signal, 90% of the time my Bluetooth then shuts off and i have to turn it off and back on to get it working again.

edit: this happens in 2.0 and 2.0.1

seawater

Reaction score
I just got this phone 1 day before the update. I loved how the phone automatically turned the screen on when I pulled it away from my face. It doesn't seem to do that anymore. After the update my phone does not do this, instead the screen stays black, I had to open the keyboard to activate the screen, and I couldn't find a way to end the call.

midnightsailor

Reaction score
phone screen goes black

That has been my number one issue so far. When I end a call and go to look at the screen it is black and I have no way of ending the call. I have tried to hit the button on top and sometimes I get the unlock screen and then I have to unlock and then reopen the phone app. and then by that time the callerhas usually hung up and it is already off but sometimes it is still on and I have to shut it off by hitting the END icon. Other times , hitting the button on top momentarilly brings the phone screen back but it shuts off again almost immediately. This is very annoying plus I really don't want to have worry about being charged for extra time on calls that are not hung up.:mad:Rick

OP
novacane

novacane

Reaction score
I just got this phone 1 day before the update. I loved how the phone automatically turned the screen on when I pulled it away from my face. It doesn't seem to do that anymore. After the update my phone does not do this, instead the screen stays black, I had to open the keyboard to activate the screen, and I couldn't find a way to end the call.

That's not because of the update, it has been doing this since the first day it came out. It is probably just a coincidence that you didn't run into it until after the update since you hadn't used it very long before the update.

midnightsailor

Reaction score
who knows? Yea, I know, then maybe I should ask him

I,m not sure what is goinmg on at all nor what the update may or maynot have to do with it but I got my phone on Nov. 17th and I have made hundreds of calls since then. I still have all my past calls listed in the call log back to the 17th and it was only yesterday that I began having this problem with the phone. I have always had pretty crappy fidelity and noise on all the phone calls but this thing with getting a black screen and not being able to hang up the phone is new...at least for me and it is a real PITA:mad:

boostdscoob

Reaction score
manually reinstall the update, reboot a few times, get taskiller. i have no issues whatsoever since the update, everything is fixed. more likely a software\background app running interference issue

boostdscoob

Reaction score
nonsense, it eliminates background apps, and doesnt harm anything. you simply long hold a process to put it on ignore(you dont want to close android home..)

boostdscoob

Reaction score
first off martin, because you have 784 posts, doesnt make you a superuser.. second. there is nothing wrong with killing apps that arent being used.. i open my music app, and the calendar needs to run? give me a break. stop whining, and go play with your phone. i have excellent battery life, and PDAnet runs faster with all apps killed. i have tested it, and it affects battery life very much. 10-12 apps running will sap 10% of your battery life in 90 minutes.
i dont even use corporate calendar.. yet somehow its always open.. guess what i did? deleted that *****.

Hector1959

Reaction score
Fake

I think some other owners and other telephones carriers are posting fake problems to bring down a good all around phone. I read most of the problems here and I have never experience any of these problems. My phone is working just fine from the day one till the 2.01 update.
Good luck guys...:icon_ banana:

jaymeangreen

Reaction score
I think some other owners and other telephones carriers are posting fake problems to bring down a good all around phone. I read most of the problems here and I have never experience any of these problems. My phone is working just fine from the day one till the 2.01 update.
Good luck guys...:icon_ banana:

Hector this is a forum. This is what a forum is for, to discuss things and problem solving. Im glad you have not had any issues, but if you do in the future, you might be glad some of these people posted their problems.