1.1.1 Sapphire Release and an Anoucement

captdroid

Reaction score
Yea I had to create the file with the entry as well. Made a huge difference for me. Hope it works well for you all to!

For me it was exactly as described in the OP here:

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

After the mod... bam no more "you hear some gears grinding, and turning, and crunching, then you see the dock show up with the wallpaper, but where is everything else?" lol :) Nice fast redraw now :) Love it. Actually the best performance improvement since going with Froyo (Sapphire build). Been running with the mod for a few days... works perfectly so far.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, seems to work for me, too. That's originally why I was using compcache....to get rid of the redraws and it helped, but, this is much faster IMO. Nicely done. :)

captdroid

Reaction score
Ah good to hear! I wanted to try it for a few days before posting :) Hope it holds up. I also have compcache turned off now.

raven1911

Reaction score
If I am going from 1.0 to 1.1.1, can I just wipe the cache and install or do I need to do a factory reset then install?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I only did a cache wipe and install going from 1.1.0. Worked fine for me.

raven1911

Reaction score
No, I am coming from 1.0.0 not 1.0.1.

I just tried to install and I can install 1.1.1 with a cache wipe but after I install the Gaps 1.1.1 and then boot up it comes to the droid and I try and touch it and it just stays at the droid....it doesn't react for me to reprogram the phone. Do I need to do the factory reset then?

Armyof2

Reaction score
I would recommend trying a different kernel first. As always, make a nandroid backup first, and then try a lower speed kernel to see if the stability improves. Just out of curiosity, did you wipe the cache when you flashed to 1.1.1?

Yes, I always do a full data and cache wipe when switching builds. I've had good luck with ChevyNo1's kernels, but I don't think they support Compcache? Jdlfg's kernels were decent, but I ran into wifi problems with those. On previous builds, without compache, I run into horrible screen redraw lag. Has this been addressed between 1.0 and 1.1.1?

I turned Comcache off since it slowed things down after a while requiring a reboot. I came across a way to eliminate the slow redraw by forcing Android to keep the launcher in memory. It works!

Make sure the file entry is exactly as described in the OP with no funny characters mentioned in another post this thread:

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

LauncherPro settings I use with this mod are:

Keep in Memory - unchecked

Memory usage preset - Medium

Home screen cache type - Normal

Build caches as needed - checked

Clear Caches on Exit - unchecked

Prevent force-closes - checked

Single.Most Epic.Post for this phone.EVER

I cringe every time I come outta browser or handcent or games and have to wait for LP to catch up and redraw the homescreen. After doing this...I feel like I have a new phone. The OG is back! dancedroid

Armyof2

Reaction score
This is the one with great battery life? ;)

It's the most stable option not necessarily the best battery life. The LV 125-? kernels will probably give you better batt life due to the lower voltage and starting clock speeds

kbomb97

Reaction score
This might be a noobish question but after I've applied sapphire 1.1.1, gapps, and my theme can I apply a new kernel? I read elsewhere that the order should go rom > gapps > kernel > theme but I just wanted to verify that changing kernels can be done without having to flash everything else again

Armyof2

Reaction score
This might be a noobish question but after I've applied sapphire 1.1.1, gapps, and my theme can I apply a new kernel? I read elsewhere that the order should go rom > gapps > kernel > theme but I just wanted to verify that changing kernels can be done without having to flash everything else again

You can flash new kernels whenever you like. They don't affect the rom after it is all installed.