Why I chose Eclipse

volkov

Reaction score
It seems like Eclipse is the most underrated, least talked about ROM that was made for the Bionic, and it really shouldn't be this way.

I chose Eclipse after trying out Purity and Liberty because it's a simple, one-flash solution to get the advantages of the ICS theme and ported apps. It's fast, beautiful, and stable. I have had apps crash less on Eclipse than I did on the stock build.

Does anybody else know specific details of the differences of Eclipse vs. the more popular ROMs?

AlexSB

Reaction score
I haven't tried Eclipse yet but I have been thinking of giving it a flash, maybe ill check it out soon!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

themistah

Reaction score
I tried eclipse and I like it alot I flashed icream sammich over it. looks very sharp and its stable with very good battery life and you are right I don't know why its not as popular.

what I noticed is that other roms give u the option of keeping blur.....some people hate blurr but I think they improved alot with the bionic.....blurr on other droids was just fugly and glitchy ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

HeadKase

Reaction score
I upgraded from the original Moto Droid because my phone is a tool for doing business every day. I run a couple different businesses and I also work at a dealership selling cars. I need my phone to work all the time and not give me any problems. Eclipse is a solid rom and I haven't had any problems with it. The day I got my Bionic I rooted it 2 hours later and installed Eclipse. This was in the middle of November and it has been running with no problems since then. I used to get tons of force closes on my Moto Droid throughout the day. I honestly haven't had any force closes on my Bionic at all. Eclipse is fast, clean and definitely stable. I need my phone to "just work". I like Eclipse because it's straight to the point. I am running ADW and the only problem I am having is the graphics for the tray tend to stay rotated some times. I always turn off all animations in my roms because I want my phone to run as fast as possible. I don't have time to wait for all kinds of "fancyness". I show customers stuff on my phone and nothing looks worse than trying to do something on your phone and have it be slow or force close apps. I know this was more of a thread about the differences between Eclipse and some other roms but I thought I'd throw this out there. Two thumbs up for the Eclipse rom :biggrin:

lm2

Reaction score
The Eclipse thread here says that .893 is recommended before flashing Eclipse. Anyone here running Eclipse without issue on .886?

HonKudasai

Reaction score
I'm running .886 and haven't had any issues. I just flashed it a couple hours ago, so too early to report on battery life, though. Gotta agree with the OP, though. I've also tried Liberty and Purity before giving Eclipse a shot. It's totally underrated, compared to the others. I'm finding it more stable than Purity, and I was turned off Liberty because the missing Battery & Data Manager issue appears to go ignored.

OP
V

volkov

Reaction score
The Eclipse thread here says that .893 is recommended before flashing Eclipse. Anyone here running Eclipse without issue on .886?

I also flashed from .886 with no problems.

aieajudo

Reaction score
I chose eclipse becouse of its elegant and very appealing UI, and its stability (apps dont crash as much). I tried switching to Liberty, but after having it for a week i had to revert back to the Eclipse. What can I say...Eclipse really won my heart over other Rom's.

droidhayabusa

Reaction score
I flashed from 886 w no trouble at all.

Also, for what it's worth, I flashed again from the 5 8 894 leak w no trouble.

I had planned on experimenting with all bionic roms as they appeared...andI DID...until Eclipse showed up. Then I completely lost interest. When new roms show up now, I just kinda doubt they'll be better then what I already have.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I tried Eclipse and it was okay but nothing really that blew my socks off.... one thing I truly hated about it was the MMs apk, old and hard to see the contrast between my texts and texts from others. Tried porting in Blur Messaging as well as MMs 3.0.2 and they both were rejected by the ROM..... since I use it so much and truly prefer one of those Mms apps, that broke the deal for me since there was nothing that this ROM offered me over Theory, or for that matter Liberty... JMHO