[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk has been available for all of my phones. And I think the keyboard lighting issue wasn't fixed IIRC.

metman07

Reaction score
Thanks, Guidot. I have been having trouble using wifi tether. I tried a few different apps and no dice. This normal? Thanks again.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Love the rom dude. Thanks for all your hard work. Great battery life and and lots of extras. Should have installed this months ago !!

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Having an issue making and getting calls. Takes about 45 seconds to 5 minutes for my phone to make an out going call. Phone never rings when getting a call even if the phone calling is right beside my phone. Anyone else having this issue or have an idea as to why this could be? Will be trying a reflash tomorrow and will post my results.

doogald

Reaction score
Having an issue making and getting calls. Takes about 45 seconds to 5 minutes for my phone to make an out going call. Phone never rings when getting a call even if the phone calling is right beside my phone. Anyone else having this issue or have an idea as to why this could be? Will be trying a reflash tomorrow and will post my results.

This happens to me often with the Droid 3 (stock plus almost every ROM I tried). A restart always fixes it. So, I just restart the phone every night.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
This happens to me often with the Droid 3 (stock plus almost every ROM I tried). A restart always fixes it. So, I just restart the phone every night.

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try also dose anyone have a link for the oc version that will work with ss3?

brucesenator

Reaction score
ROM Slot Questions

ROM Slot Questions:

(1) Which ROM Slot should be created and installed into? (1, 2, 3, or 4);
(2) If only one ROM Slot is going to be created, do you recommend a 2Gb or 3Gb size?

Thanks, Bruce Senator

doogald

Reaction score
ROM Slot Questions:

(1) Which ROM Slot should be created and installed into? (1, 2, 3, or 4);
(2) If only one ROM Slot is going to be created, do you recommend a 2Gb or 3Gb size?

Thanks, Bruce Senator

For Eclipse, it will work in any ROM slot. If you ever want to try out any of Hashcode's ICS kexec based ROMs, I think those still require slot 1, so maybe put Eclipse in slot 2. By the way, you can have a slot 2 without creating a slot 1.

As for the size of the slot, I always did the max size, because I was using the phone with the rom as my daily driver and I wanted all of my apps and data to fit. If you don't have a lot of data/apps, maybe you can get away with a smaller slot, but that's up to you.

brucesenator

Reaction score
Eclipse v3.0
Port of nitroglycerine33's Bionic rom

*** OVERCLOCKED versions and non overclocked version ***

General Overview

Gingerbread Moto Blur 906 based cleaned up Moto experience with a few modded goodies.

• Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Bloat Removed
  • A lot of blur has been removed
  • AOSP/CM7 mms
  • ICS music
  • AOSP gallery3D
  • Eclipse Launcher2
  • CM7 file manager
  • CM7 Email
  • CM7 alarm clock/deskclock
  • AOSP news & weather
  • AOSP calendar inverted
  • AOSP Camera
  • DSP Manager
  • Accurate Battery
  • CRT Animation ON and OFF (even with animations set to fast)
  • Reboot/recovery/screenshot options
  • Accurate battery - 1%
  • Misc prop edits
  • Custom Host File
  • GPS config changes
  • Appwidget Picker - boombuler
  • Download crutch to help with web downloads
  • BusyBox
  • init.d support
  • ICS deskclock widget
  • ICS Inspired bootanimation
  • Custom blue theme throughout
  • Eclipse Wallpapers
  • Eclipse Parts
  • Inverted Contacts/Dialer - thanks to xkape for the help
  • Inverted Performance manager - xkape
  • Native Facebook for android integration
  • 7 pulldown toggles (wireless, bluetooth, gps, sound/vibrate, auto brightness, data, airplane mode and rotation)
  • 8 lockscreens (Moto lock, rotary, rotary revamped, AOSP (tab), lense, ring lock, 4 tab, honeycomb lock) thanks to kejar and liberty team for the source!
  • Lockscreen music controls
Change Logv3.0 - 6/5/12
Added 8 lockscreen mod (ported from liberty source)
Updated base to 905
removed blur
menu buttons and added the stock buttons
Updates to the theme
Toggles now scroll left/right to view more
Added latest swype beta and themed to match
Cleaned up Eclipse Settings
Added new gps configs to help get a better lock
Added back DLNA per requests
Updated Google Apps/Market Apps
Cleaned up status bar look

Thx and credits .....
sparkyman, check_my_email, nitroglycerin, X13thangelX, guidot

Install Instructions

1... download rom
2... wipe cache/factory reset at least 3 times!
3... wipe dalvik as many times as you wiped
4... flash rom (safestrap)
5... reboot
6... enjoy

IF you get constant reboots, your phone will not run the 1.2 overclock and you need to repeat the process with the 1.1 overclocked version and if that still doesn't work. you need the non overclocked version.............

INABILITY TO SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL ECLIPSE 3 ON DROID 3 v906:
I have two (2) Motorola Droid 3 (solana) cellphones, both with System version 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US. Both were run with SBF 906 to bring them truthfully back to stock. Both were then rooted. On one cellphone I run the Stock ROM. The other I use for finding a truly stable ROM with features over the stock 2.3.4.

My recovery package is SafeStrap v3.05.

I have attempted to install all three varieties of Eclipse 3 (1.0GHz, 1.1GHZ, and 1.2GHz) and cannot get anything to boot. No boot loop, nothing. After passing through SafeStrap, it just goes to a black screen and stays there. I have tried this in ROM Slot 1, Slot 2, Slot 3, and Slot 4.

QUESTIONS:
(1) Is this a KEXEC or NON-KEXEC ROM?
(2) What ROM Slot is recommended?
(3) What could prevent Eclipse 3 from running on a v906 Droid 3?

Any further information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bruce Senator

doogald

Reaction score
My recovery package is SafeStrap v3.05.

I have attempted to install all three varieties of Eclipse 3 (1.0GHz, 1.1GHZ, and 1.2GHz) and cannot get anything to boot. No boot loop, nothing. After passing through SafeStrap, it just goes to a black screen and stays there. I have tried this in ROM Slot 1, Slot 2, Slot 3, and Slot 4.

QUESTIONS:
(1) Is this a KEXEC or NON-KEXEC ROM?
(2) What ROM Slot is recommended?
(3) What could prevent Eclipse 3 from running on a v906 Droid 3?

Any further information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bruce Senator

It's not kexec, can go into any ROM slot you like. Whar prevents it from installing is that Safestrap 3.x requires some files that were not included by the ROM developer in the build (in /system/etc/rootfs). But, I added them in the right place and there is a download link in this post that will work: http://www.droidforums.net/threads/eclipse-v3-0-droid-3-port.210971/page-21#post-2414744

If you have any trouble downloading it, let me know and I'll see if I erased it from my DB for some reason.

brucesenator

Reaction score
Excellent. I downloaded the ROM and will install and test shortly. By the way:...
  1. Do you have these builds for the 1.1GHz and 1.2GHz versions?
  2. Are all the variants of Eclipse 3 eventually going to be re-posted via regular forum links instead of via DropBox?
I must note that MANY Droid 3 ROMS which were previously accessible via forum links are no longer available. Such as the "Liberty 3".

Thanks, Bruce Senator

doogald

Reaction score
Excellent. I downloaded the ROM and will install and test shortly. By the way:...
  1. Do you have these builds for the 1.1GHz and 1.2GHz versions?
I just checked my db (where I store the ROMs I downloaded) and I don't see them. I probably never downloaded them, because I was never all that interested in overclocking the phone. If I find them it takes just a few minutes to add rootfs and rezip and resign the rom, so we'll see.

Are all the variants of Eclipse 3 eventually going to be re-posted via regular forum links instead of via DropBox?

Not by me they won't. This is not my rom - I just added unzipped the package, added the items in rootfs, rezipped and signed the zip and put it on my Dropbox.

I must note that MANY Droid 3 ROMS which were previously accessible via forum links are no longer available. Such as the "Liberty 3".

There's a safestrap updated version of liberty 3 that somebody else posted. I don't know if the download link is live, but you can try it. I'll try to find the link. Well, it's here: See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38012022

charlymaths

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 3
Where are the links?
I want te one non overckoked...