What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

Drew_Droid

Reaction score
Great work as usual!! Installed and running smoooooth. Thanks for your hard work.

heleos

Reaction score
I like restarting so I can see the boot animation over and over :p

I love it! Good work all around

jimholcomb

Reaction score
I thought I could wait until the weekend to install this, but no ...

Smooth install, no issues so far.

kcdroid

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the awesome rom but I have one problem I can't get Google search to update in the market. I wiped data and cache before installing 1.1.0. I also tried rebooting and clearing the markets cache and data and I still can't get it to install. Everything else installed fine even the new Google voice search.

I am getting an installation error saying package file was not signed correctly.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Becareful applying old themes You just put the old gapps, framework,gem settings back on your phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
even the blackbar mod?

yes that will put the old Framework-res.apk back on your phone. Im not sure what Files got updated with this release so even though it might work and look right you could be downgrading some features

gwwjpd

Reaction score
That went smooth.:)

Restored apps with TiBu. (Market takes too long)
Restored MMS, SMS, call logs and bookmarks data with MyBackuPro.
Removed unwanted apps, CorpCal, Amazon, Visual Voicemail, Talk, and others, with Scriptybox scripts and Root Explorer.
Added my favorite ringtone to /system/media/audio/ringtones.
Enabled Compcache in Gem Setting
Rebooted, Sweet boot animation. :cool::yr1::cool:
Restored ADW Setting, set up widgets, enabled fast animations in Spare Parts app.

Listened to some music, played with DSP Manager in Gem Setting - Audio. :rockon::icon_ rocker::rockon: So nice to have some fine tuning adjustments.

Super fast and soooo smooth so far.
Great job CVPCS, Sniffle, Bgill55, and everyone else on the Beta Team.:clap::clap:

Now I have to wait patiently for Dave to get BlackGlass 2.2x finished.

flyinion

Reaction score
As a fairly new user of Sapphire I have to ask, when going from one version of Sapphire to a new one, is it officially required to wipe both data and cache like I did when coming from a different ROM? I don't have a problem doing it other than the extra work getting the phone set back up. I'm just thinking it would be nice to not have to at least wipe the data. I know I can just try it, but I just wanted to double check on what the official stance is on it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a fairly new user of Sapphire I have to ask, when going from one version of Sapphire to a new one, is it officially required to wipe both data and cache like I did when coming from a different ROM? I don't have a problem doing it other than the extra work getting the phone set back up. I'm just thinking it would be nice to not have to at least wipe the data. I know I can just try it, but I just wanted to double check on what the official stance is on it.

The official stance on most releases is a wipe should be performed. Some get away with it. Some don't. There is no real yes or no on this release. I say wipe though, as it rules out all problems caused by that.

mpsmit3

Reaction score
I'm having fc's with Gmail, even after wipe. Am I the only one?

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having fc's with Gmail, even after wipe. Am I the only one?

i did too, you need to go to applications-> manage apps->all-> gmail-> clear data

then let gmail resync, and that fixed it for me

nygrik

Reaction score
did i mention

id carry your children in my womb...and im a guy so thatd be tricky...either way im excited thanks for all your efforts and hard work:icon_ banana:

rickt1152

Reaction score

You can never go wrong it seems with a full wipe, however, being lazy I upgraded via RM from Sapphire 1.0 to 1.1 with absolutely no issues for me. Very smooth upgrade and operation. About all I've done is remove some of the stock apps with the scripts. I was so happy with 1.0 that I was almost hesitant to upgrade, but the new version seems just as stable so far.

nygrik

Reaction score
installation complete...just donated to your cause sorry i didnt earlier but im broke lol THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING...really your roms are the only id consider donating to and not because im cheap but because this one earned its money...so once again thanks for the hardwork!