1.1.1 Sapphire Release and an Anoucement

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Today we are releasing sapphire 1.1.1, This is mainly a bug-fix release for Ruby, but it impacted Sapphire as well due to changes in camera.apk, that fixes the camera resolution.

Download Links for all roms are now available at Http://wiki.ccroms.net

Work Around for RomManager issues:

RomManager has been causing issues for both Sapphire and Ruby users by applying the downloads out of order, the best way to work around this is to use RomManager download the files, and manually apply the downloads in recovery.

all downloads should be applied in this order: wipe>rom>gapps>boot and allow phone to load>reboot into recovery>apply theme

boot and allow phone to load>reboot into recovery, can be removed from the process but should you run into problems add those steps back in to see if the problem resolves.

For announcements,

CCRoms is now accepting code contributions. As we continue to grow adding more devices it keeps getting more difficult for only cvpcs and I to get everything going on the device and actually get features and bugs worked out. So now we are asking you guys to help with that.

The procedure to do so is just like cyanogenmod, fork our repo and make changes and submit a pull request.

All of our code is available at cvpcs's Profile - GitHub

Also we managed to get a Droid X, here is a video of it shot by me on Ruby 1.1.1

[video=youtube;UpMLpXxyje8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpMLpXxyje8"]YouTube - Ccroms.net droid x[/video]

RevivaL

Reaction score
can i just pull the camera.apk and install it on 1.1?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
can i just pull the camera.apk and install it on 1.1?

As someone who has a theme for 1.1. Can I just pull out the camera.apk form 1.1.1 and theme it, add to the theme and call it good? Any other changes?

713King

Reaction score
Amazing, can't wait for ccrom to be on droid x. Thank you guys for development on the droid and now X sometime soon.

RevivaL

Reaction score
@thebowers -what? i don't understand what you're saying. sorry

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just quoting what you said, as I have the same question for my theme.

RevivaL

Reaction score

ah gotcha. I read it and just got confused on the wording.

edit - any idea on when the dx theme for 1.1.1 is going to be out? that's probably when I'll update.

wingdo

Reaction score

ah gotcha. I read it and just got confused on the wording.

edit - any idea on when the dx theme for 1.1.1 is going to be out? that's probably when I'll update.

Honestly, unless you need the updated camera.apk, what's the point of updating to 1.1.1?

RevivaL

Reaction score
i can't seem to find one, that's why I'm wondering if i can just install the camera.apk on 1.1

vix9

Reaction score
Is a full wipe needed when updating from 1.1?

Jasko

Reaction score
Sapphire v1.1.1 will be out soon, and then the themes for it will be released at the same time!! Joel Gave me permission to keep his great theme updated so I will take that on as well!!!

Does this apply yet?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The best reason to get 1.1.1 is simply because, unlike with 1.1, the black bar mod theme is officially supported on the ccroms release page. That as well as the new camera .apk in addition to gmail being updated (with the release). Also Google search and voice search weren't included with the release (they're in the market) so updating is no longer a hassle.