What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

fatheadrr

Reaction score
did you name it update.zip, or just update? you may have named it update.zip.zip

a way to tell is go to control panel>appearence>folder options>view then make to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

go back to your update.zip, and make sure it says that and not update.zip.zip

edit - this is just an idea, I'm not sure why if that's not it.

Pretty sure its just update.zip. when I look at it in astro it shows just update. Can someone provide me with a known link that works

fatheadrr

Reaction score
I got it. Downloaded both. Put sapphire on my sd card and renamed it to update.zip. Shut phone down and booted up with power and x button. Selected clear cache. Selected clear system data. Tried to run update.zip and get that same message. What am I missing. I have never rooted anything but have installed all the updates and flash this same way. Any idea?

error

Verifying Update Package....
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

RevivaL

Reaction score
I got it. Downloaded both. Put sapphire on my sd card and renamed it to update.zip. Shut phone down and booted up with power and x button. Selected clear cache. Selected clear system data. Tried to run update.zip and get that same message. What am I missing. I have never rooted anything but have installed all the updates and flash this same way. Any idea?

error

Verifying Update Package....
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

did you do the first step in all this that's rooting?

and it's easier to just download it, rename it on your comp then put it on your sd card

driggity

Reaction score
Just curious, for those using clockwork recovery is it actually important to rename the rom to update.zip or is it just the way it's always done? I have never done this and I've never had a problem. I just boot into recovery and then browse to the .zip file. Its nice because I can just download the main rom and the gapps file on the phone and not have to deal with anything else. No computer needed.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just curious, for those using clockwork recovery is it actually important to rename the rom to update.zip or is it just the way it's always done? I have never done this and I've never had a problem. I just boot into recovery and then browse to the .zip file. Its nice because I can just download the main rom and the gapps file on the phone and not have to deal with anything else. No computer needed.

This is just for those who use SPRecovery. If you use Clockwork, then it's unnecessary.

RevivaL

Reaction score
thanks.. how should i install it, just with root explorer then reboot? i may just replace it in the sapphire 1.1 .zip and reinstall

i just did a fresh intall, replacing the framework-res.apk in the update. worked fine, looks good too.