Verizon Killed The Note 7 Today!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note7-su4-screenshot.png

One of the last remaining operable versions of the Note 7 is finally dead today. Verizon decided to pull the trigger and send out the battery killing update to the last of the Note 7 devices on their network. The update brings the software version to N930VVRS3APL2. Once you accept the update you won't be able to charge the battery in your Note 7. After the battery drains... no more Note 7. If you have been procrastinating now is the best time to go grab a new device.

via Verizon

budhah

Reaction score
Just flew to San Diego with my family,, Had i known someone had a Note 7 on plane, I would have been the first to turn them in.. Why would you want to risk anyone else's life, just because you think you are cool... Those things are time bombs. You are not a bit different than a bomb carrying radical... only without any idea when or where it may go off...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people using them at home or wherever else in private.

I don't think they should be used in public as it not only endangers you but also those around you even though a chance of anything happening is miniscule.

Reaction score
Just flew to San Diego with my family,, Had i known someone had a Note 7 on plane, I would have been the first to turn them in.. Why would you want to risk anyone else's life, just because you think you are cool... Those things are time bombs. You are not a bit different than a bomb carrying radical... only without any idea when or where it may go off...
As you should! Most persons keeping their phones have no problem obeying that rule! I, for one, would never break it! But I'm still keeping my Note!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thanks for the link Mr.Stafford. Unfortunately, this didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know. Nor did it address the issue of all replacement devices that went out, that weren't true replacements. Nor did it address the issue as to why "reports" of this device catching fire suddenly stopped being reported after the recall on the "replaced replacements", even though there were reports of a million some odd Note 7s still being used (despite the recall), as if it were an amazing David Blaine magic trick. Too many coincidences if you all me, but oh well it is what it is.

What gets me is, they continue making their devices thinner & thinner...as if to say "no, that wasn't really the problem", or "we don't really care about safety, we're going to continue to make phones so thin that you'll be able to see through them"!

It boggles the mind I tell ya! LOL
But hey, ya can't stop innovation.

I can see their 2018 ad campaign now:
picture the festival at the Black Rock desert in Nevada....Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire" playing in the background.
c25d51327a1ac04bacce6e5304728f95.jpg

"Burning Man...brought to you by Samsung"

Too soon?

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Mr.Stafford. Unfortunately, this didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know. Nor did it address the issue of all replacement devices that went out, that weren't true replacements. Nor did it address the issue as to why "reports" of this device catching fire suddenly stopped being reported after the recall on the "replaced replacements", even though there were reports of a million some odd Note 7s still being used (despite the recall), as if it were an amazing David Blaine magic trick. Too many coincidences if you all me, but oh well it is what it is.

What gets me is, they continue making their devices thinner & thinner...as if to say "no, that wasn't really the problem", or "we don't really care about safety, we're going to continue to make phones so thin that you'll be able to see through them"!

It boggles the mind I tell ya! LOL
But hey, ya can't stop innovation.

I can see their 2018 ad campaign now:
picture the festival at the Black Rock desert in Nevada....Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire" playing in the background.
c25d51327a1ac04bacce6e5304728f95.jpg

"Burning Man...brought to you by Samsung"

Too soon?
Funny, lol!

Reaction score

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Seriously, why did you bother! Software not working??? C'mon, what are software updates for! No way this is legit!!!

If I recall the article said hardware and software... but hey let's just chill and wait to see if Samsung actually gives a statement Monday. while we wait??

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+