Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
If the article I read that Samsung identified the problem with the case being too thin to allow normal battery expansion for the included battery was true would make sense that Samsung would want the now beginning to age batteries out of the wild. Also as noted the thinness could also explain problems with Apples now aging iPhone 6. It is way past time for the thinness to stop at least until a totally different device takes the cell phone's place.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Every day I use my S7 I am reminded that I now pay Verizon $35 a month for a phone I never wanted because I was forced (mostly) to give up a phone I loved and would have kept for at least as long as the Note 4 it replaced. Makes me want to cry... or would if Pepe was not so cool!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That was proven false. The guy was a fireman. Insurance fraud on that one. The jeep fire was not causeed by the Note 7 also. It was mods he did on in the jeep.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Precisely. But no, let's believe everything we see/hear on the news because they would NEVER lie to us.
SMH

S7 Edge tap'n

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon's Response:
Today, Samsung announced an update to the Galaxy Note7 that would stop the smartphone from charging, rendering it useless unless attached to a power charger. Verizon will not be taking part in this update because of the added risk this could pose to Galaxy Note7 users that do not have another device to switch to. We will not push a software upgrade that will eliminate the ability for the Note7 to work as a mobile device in the heart of the holiday travel season. We do not want to make it impossible to contact family, first responders or medical professionals in an emergency situation.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I wonder if the consumer safety board will allow Verizon to take that stance.... The individuals that still have the Note 7 have had months to exchange it for a different device. Yeah I get the next argument "I had to wait for the phone I wanted" and so forth... maybe Verizon should have done like some other carriers and offered loner devices like Samsung put in their exchange protocol.

There is a major issue with the Note 7 that Samsung sees as dangerous, I would guess they are not going to let Verizon stand in their way as they as company do what's right by consumers and themselves. Having Note 7 devices in the wild and in use is a liability to the company...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+
IPhone 7 really???

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
You are fake droid fans go to San Francisco with that Apple products. Team Android..

While your opinion of me is valid and you are entitled to have it.... I would appreciate you keeping it to yourself. We like to discourage this kind of "name calling" behavior on the forums.

I also understand the ongoing "war" between Apple and Android and all of dedicated followers and stuff BUT choosing to switch to an IPhone from an Android device is my personal decision and really none of your concern. Have a wonderful day!

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
While your opinion of me is valid and you are entitled to have it.... I would appreciate you keeping it to yourself. We like to discourage this kind of "name calling" behavior on the forums.

I also understand the ongoing "war" between Apple and Android and all of dedicated followers and stuff BUT choosing to switch to an IPhone from an Android device is my personal decision and really none of your concern. Have a wonderful day!

I encourage that people have opinion that they can share if it isn't harming anyone . if you are sensitive to this you shouldn't be in forum. It not disrespecting you, in any shape or form. This the problem that America have. I ain't calling you names, you are just insecure and sensitive like my daughter which is fine for her age she just 4. Not 30++.

Last edited:

Briankbl

Reaction score
Today, Samsung announced an update to the Galaxy Note7 that would stop the smartphone from charging, rendering it useless unless attached to a power charger. Verizon will not be taking part in this update because of the added risk this could pose to Galaxy Note7 users that do not have another device to switch to. We will not push a software upgrade that will eliminate the ability for the Note7 to work as a mobile device in the heart of the holiday travel season. We do not want to make it impossible to contact family, first responders or medical professionals in an emergency situation.

Verizon customers have COUNTLESS phones to switch to. It's under recall! If a user doesn't return their recalled device, that's on them. Verizon blocking this update is completely irresponsible.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I encourage that people have opinion that they can share if it isn't harming anyone . if you are sensitive to this you shouldn't be in forum. It not disrespecting you in any shape or forum. This the problem America have. I ain't calling you name you are just insecure and sensitive like my daughter which is fine for her age she just 4. Not 30++.

I never said I was "sensitive" or offended in any way by your comments.... I was just pointing out that it needed to stop there.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It pretty bad I see, this situation getting worst for Samsung. They should cancel the note line to be honest for 2017 also. Just stay with Galaxy S line.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon customers have COUNTLESS phones to switch to. It's under recall! If a user doesn't return their recalled device, that's on them. Verizon blocking this update is completely irresponsible.
Verizon doesn't want to lose customers that have the phone.

The "diehard" fans.