Samsung Halts Production Of New Galaxy Note 7 Devices

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it's a great lesson for manufacturers.

No matter how big you are, if think you you are too big to fail and start cutting corners and giving us bs excuses social media will eat away all your billions.

I'm waiting for next apple commercial where they flaunt their "safe" phone :)

whippleman

Reaction score
How did you crack it?

Samsung Note 7.5
I dropped it getting in my car, I'd say only about two foot from the ground. It cracked weird though like it hit a tiny rock, but I found no rocks. There's a central dot an inch above the home button and it just spiders out from there. Literally like 4 legs on each side going up, to the side, and down.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I know what I'm buying today. Samsung will recover this quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I think you may be too hopeful.... the Note 7 is dead...

From The Sexy Note 7♡

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
IMO bottom line is safety and I know peeps love their Notes but no way do I recommend keeping a phone that will have that asterisk over it everywhere you go ....I think Sammy will send OTA to it eventually to limit phone and force total recall ....no pun intended...plus resale value will be none ...another thing to think about for those that look to upgrade and sell their phones ...time to return and go to plan B folks

iPhone 6s+ Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is so disappointing. I was waiting to finish off paying on one phone (on the 20th of this month) to get the N7. Guess I'll have to wait for the N8.

My confidence in Samsung is as strong as it ever was. I think they have handled this well and probably much more responsibly than most manufacturers would.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This is like that Firestone Tire Recall years Back that were coming apart. Its unfortunate this happened to such a Prestigious Phone Line. This will Tarnish the Samsung Phones for a While till they get back on track making Killer SAFE Phones again. I am glad I skipped the Note 7 cause my wife hates when I get new Phones and this would have meant getting another one within months and More Accessories like I always do. So far I was Good with my Moto Z Force and Only Bought the Incipio OffGrid Moto Mod and a New USB C cable for my Charger. Maybe I will go back to a Note Series Phone when they release the Note X until then my Moto Z Force has been Awesome.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think you may be too hopeful.... the Note 7 is dead...

From The Sexy Note 7♡
And? Note 7 is dead does that mean Samsung is? No.

Firestone had something similar. BP had a huge oil spill, both companies are alive and prospering.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
This is like that Firestone Tire Recall years Back that were coming apart. Its unfortunate this happened to such a Prestigious Phone Line. This will Tarnish the Samsung Phones for a While till they get back on track making Killer SAFE Phones again. I am glad I skipped the Note 7 cause my wife hates when I get new Phones and this would have meant getting another one within months and More Accessories like I always do. So far I was Good with my Moto Z Force and Only Bought the Incipio OffGrid Moto Mod and a New USB C cable for my Charger. Maybe I will go back to a Note Series Phone when they release the Note X until then my Moto Z Force has been Awesome.

It's funny you make the comparison to the Firestone issue. I'm sure there are no problems with Firestone tires now. But to this day I refuse to buy Firestone tires. That recall and major issues at that time is firmly embedded in my brain. The same will be true with many many consumers regarding all Samsung phones going forward. Sales will suffer. Resale value will suffer. This is a major black eye for Samsung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It's funny you make the comparison to the Firestone issue. I'm sure there are no problems with Firestone tires now. But to this day I refuse to buy Firestone tires. That recall and major issues at that time is firmly embedded in my brain. The same will be true with many many consumers regarding all Samsung phones going forward. Sales will suffer. Resale value will suffer. This is a major black eye for Samsung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This may be true but Don't count on Samsung making some pretty big offers to win Customers Back. Maybe even better than the Samsung Promo they had last year for the Holidays!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may be true but Don't count on Samsung making some pretty big offers to win Customers Back. Maybe even better than the Samsung Promo they had last year for the Holidays!
True but offer them what at a deep discount our with free swag? An S7? That's going to be so last season by Christmas.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If it comes down to it I'll go back to my Note 4 and wait for the next device with an S pen or S pen like object built in.

Samsung Note 7.5

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Samsung need to bury the note brand and release new series next year galaxy fire, with removable batteries :)