Samsung Halts Production Of New Galaxy Note 7 Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We now have 3 confirmed "Safe" Galaxy Note 7 explosions. Today there was a new explosion in Kentucky. Industry analysts are predicting a second Note 7 recall. Now it appears that Samsung has temporarily suspended the production of new Galaxy Note 7 devices. This report comes from Korea's Yonhap News which had this to say.

The halt is in cooperation with consumer safety regulators from South Korea, the United States and China, the official said on the condition of anonymity.

'This measure includes a Samsung plant in Vietnam that is responsible for global shipments (of the Galaxy Note 7)," the official said.

The Australian carrier Telstra has also reported that Samsung has stopped the supply of Note 7 devices and had this to say:

Please be advised of some updates to the Samsung Note 7 Global Exchange program.

Samsung has temporarily paused the supply of new Galaxy Note7 smartphones following a reported incident in a replacement phone in the US. Samsung is confident in the replacement Note7 and says they have no reason to believe it's not safe. We'll let you know the status of your replacement Note7 as soon as we have more information.

We have contacted impacted customers to advise them of the delay.

So we have good and bad news. Samsung is confident that their replacement devices are safe, and they are delaying replacement devices to make sure this is true. This means if you have not received your replacement device you may not get it for a while. That kind of stings. I just shipped my recalled Note 7 back Friday. Maybe Samsung will ship back a Galaxy S8 instead!

via AndroidCentral

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know there was an article recently where Samsung has still profited and that this recall was nothing more than "a drop in the water" for them, but this could really leave them with a bad image. Units blowing up that are supposedly deemed safe, now it's going to seem like Samsung had rushed a fix.

I feel safe with my s7 edge, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the thought of it exploding didn't cross my mind.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It's sad to see this. Manufacturers need to take the time to resolve a serious issue of this caliber. Instead of the Note 7 being the King of Smartphones it has become the Joker. I'm glad I went with the Moto Z Force. Maybe skipping the Note 6 Name Jinxed it.

Beardface

Reaction score
And yet people still think the Pixel is overpriced... For that price I'd prefer knowing my phone won't blow up in my pocket, just saying...

This is a tough one. Note 4 owner myself but man I have serious trust issues with Samsung over this. Might have to sit out a few Galaxy iterations before I trust their Quality Control procedures again.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
What makes me hesitant about sending my note 7 back in is that I upgraded to this phone to get this phone. I waited months to get THIS phone and paid over $800 to pay my s6 edge plus(x2) off.

If I'm changing phones, they are going to put me back in an s6 edge plus or s7 edge, but with no payment plan.... This is NOT my fault.

/Rant

Please make this right Samsung!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I love my Note 7 and the numbers are so against it happening to me I'm not worried. If it does I'll get another the odds of getting 2 that explode are ridiculous.

Samsung Note 7.5

Amagine

Reaction score
I love my Note 7 and the numbers are so against it happening to me I'm not worried. If it does I'll get another the odds of getting 2 that explode are ridiculous.

Samsung Note 7.5

As of right now. If it were to happen, I don't think that you will be getting a new one. If something were to happen to your Note, outside of a battery failure, I'm not sure you would even get a refurb.

I'm seriously doubting the Note 7 makes another production run at this point. They probably will just issue a recall / refund and try again on the next iteration.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
As of right now. If it were to happen, I don't think that you will be getting a new one. If something were to happen to your Note, outside of a battery failure, I'm not sure you would even get a refurb.

I'm seriously doubting the Note 7 makes another production run at this point. They probably will just issue a recall / refund and try again on the next iteration.
This is how I see things going as well.... the Note 7 is DOA... we all need to protect ourselves and find something safe until Samsung gets their ducks in a row..

From The Sexy Note 7♡

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If Samsung does a total recall, with no fix options, at some point I will return the phone, due to the lack of resale etc.
I don't see any Android phone out there now with the specs, options, that I like to replace it.
So we will see what transpires.

Sent from my New Note 7

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Never gonna see N on this device though. Makes me sad

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Wow. What a bunch of negative nancies.... Tires explode every day on the highway in the 10's of 1,000's but I don't see anyone boycotting tires or sending them back.

How many here smoke? Smoking is far far more of a risk than a couple of Note 7's melting down..

Now I'm not saying that something isn't happening but I think that social media and technology people, who lets face it are mainly Apple people are making this much bigger than it is..

You can't tell me that with the huge recall its not possible that a few devices didn't get passed through as good..

I also have seen no proof these were in fact the new safe units. Plus I want to see the software update that showed whether or not a device had the new battery. What are they using as a factor to open up the green battery....

There are still far far to many unanswered questions and variables to be freaking out this bad.

Samsung is a HUGE HUGE reputable company there is no way they are not doing everything possible to save the Note series and its name.

So for me I will not give up this device until it implodes. And then I will look for another.

Again I'd like to see full reports on all details of all units. What were the deeper more common factors? Charging wireless with a case? High CPU apps? Perhaps there is something else causing this.

Samsung Note 7.5