Samsung Has Found a New Battery Supplier For The Note 7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Last week Samsung announced they would no longer be using their sister company Samsung SDI as a battery source for the Note 7 going forward. With no battery supplier it was expected that we may have to wait a while for replacement phones. Sources say that Samsung has made a decision on the new battery supplier for version 2 Note 7 devices.

ATL (Amperex Technology Limited) out of China had supplied about 1/3rd of the batteries for the Note 7. Their batteries focused mainly on the China variant of the phone which has not had any issues with expanding or exploding batteries. ATL has received additional orders for Note 7 batteries and will likely take over battery supply for the Note 7 at least temporarily.

ATL chief operating office Joe Kit Chu Lam was not able to comment on the matter due to confidentiality agreements, but did say that his company has recently received a significant boost in orders this month. He also added that this extra business should last for the next few quarters. The same company produces batteries for the iPhone which is currently sold out in many models. It is great to see Samsung finally make a bit of headway on this issue. I can't wait to get my version 2 Note 7 so I can get back to Note life!

via Reuters

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Great, can't wait.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

kjumper187

Reaction score
I got my email yesterday, saying I can exchange my device NLT Wednesday. Just waiting for the Iphone7 lines to die down.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So why are you posting about iphone 7 on a note 7 thread :p
Believe it or not, it is not forbidden to mention iPhone on this site. We do quite often, usually because it is relevant to the conversation...As it was in the two instances the iPhone was mentioned in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Olghb

Reaction score
Believe it or not, it is not forbidden to mention iPhone on this site. We do quite often, usually because it is relevant to the conversation...As it was in the two instances the iPhone was mentioned in this thread.

But the thread is about the Note 7 battery issue. What does a IPhone have to do with the Note7 issue?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
But the thread is about the Note 7 battery issue. What does a IPhone have to do with the Note7 issue?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
Some may find it interesting that the new Note 7 battery supplier also supplies batteries for Samsung's #1 competitor and also interesting that a member chooses to not want to wait in line because of those purchasing such competitor's phone.

kjumper187

Reaction score
Gremlin was being funny. I caught it. TisMyDroid understood all too. To everyone else, today is Iphone 7 launch day. People are in line, wrapped around the corner. The point I was making was, I'm waiting for the lines to die down, so I can go and exchange my Note 7.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Some don't understand that one can buy either phone and most carrier stores, so obviously you'd wait tile the sheep leave so you can get the Note replacement...
My wife loves Apple and I own Apple stock, but I too will be replacing my Note 7 hopefully soon as well, with another Note 7...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk