Verizon gearing up for Droid X Froyo Release?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droiddoes-2.2x.png

A new page is appearing on the DroidDoes.com website indicating that Verizon "has" released Android 2.2 "Froyo" for the Droid X. This could be the first steps of prepping the websites for the new update. Unfortunately clicking through to the support area on VZW.com shows no update..... Stay Tuned!

Source: Droid 2.2 Update

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
That link from that post takes you to this information.

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements. Verizon Wireless is
pleased to announce a new software update for your Droid X by Motorola. The Motorola
(Version.1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US/Baseband: BP_C01.09.04P) update includes
numerous enhancements and improvements.

That information is about 2.1. I have 2.1 and that version was preinstalled on my phone. It is NOT 2.2.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im looking forward to getting back to the OTA update.... the leaked 2.2 has been great but i don't like these weird fails im getting with certain feautures.

(Market not loading everything, Camera not recording, picture Icons in the gallery are wrong for the picture itself, same with the videos, and I've been getting more random restarts)

scoob

Reaction score
First to get Froyo

Who will be the first to post that they received the Froyo update?

JSmallS

Reaction score
It should be out by now, the droid 2 is running it so it should be fully released by now...

scf

Reaction score
Deadline? What deadline?

I saw nothing about a deadline. It'll be here when it gets here.

hgaskins

Reaction score
Early September

There was a leak of an intended release of android 2.2 for early December I haven't seen anything that's official as of yet. Since I've only had my Droid X for a little more than a week I don't intend to download and install the unofficial release floating around the Internet just yet.