Droid X Android 2.2 (Froyo) Update Ready

Oldcowboy

Reaction score
2.2 Update is ready and downloadable

I thought I would check my droid x phone for updates(as I have All Sept several times a day) and there it is! The 2.2 update! It took about 1/2 hour to download and install. I have noticed it is faster, Swype keys have changed. Works changing screens left or right (good for Lefties) downloaded Flash and it worked flawlessly on several sites. It automatically updated Gmail.
And fast…. I have 3 bars of 3G and am on good Wi fi. It is a sweet upgrade

Oldcowboy

Reaction score
You can go to Settings, Phone, check for updates right now and get it. I started the download about Midnite MTN time and it was done by 12:45. And it is sweet!!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do any of the admins or mods want someone to pull the update.zip from the SD card and post it here? I have it available now. Just figured I'd ask :)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ok, so I flashed the 2.1 SBF back to my phone and it appears that the Froyo update is taking. It just did the progress bar to 100% and rebooted. I'm assuming this will be the long reboot as it installs/updates and whatever else mojo it is doing. Yay. glad to finally get the update. I'm off to bed now. Hope to see little/no bug reports tomorrow for it. It took long enough, it should be close to perfection =P.

tracfour

Reaction score
Its Done

Just did the update on my Droid X. 2:30am Central time

rcjames

Reaction score
I'm from fresno california at 1:47 a.m I check for update and there it is so i'm downloading and its installing and right now 1:56 i just pushed installed. dancedroid Let see how it goes.

validoption

Reaction score
Just a heads-up of you're reading this and have yet to apply the update. You will be UNABLE to flash the 2.1 sbf file from OTA 2.2; it will brick your phone. Once you go OTA, say goodbye to 2.1 unless a 2.2 sbf is ever released. Birdman gave out this warning.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just a heads-up of you're reading this and have yet to apply the update. You will be UNABLE to flash the 2.1 sbf file from OTA 2.2; it will brick your phone. Once you go OTA, say goodbye to 2.1 unless a 2.2 sbf is ever released. Birdman gave out this warning.
I don't doubt birdman warned of this, but has it been attempted? Is there any confirmation that doing so will indeed brick your phone?

Helo09

Reaction score
Mine is updating as I type this. Lets hope the change is a good thing!!!