Droid X Android 2.2 (Froyo) Update Ready

J

JohnDroid

droidx-android22.jpg

The Droid X support page at Verizon Wireless has been updated and it now shows the Android 2.2 update as ready to go live. The supposed distribution date is actually tomorrow, Wednesday the 22nd. Update includes Flash 10.1 support, Automatic App Updates, Google Voice Actions access and miscellaneous other improvements.

As always, feel free to discuss the update in our Droid X Forum Section or at the Dedicated Droid X Forum @ Droid X Forum.

(Source: BGR)

lawrence87

Reaction score
must be a change

Well there must be a change because the leak has the version being 2.3.9 this one is 2.3.15... The baseband is also 01.09.07 and the leak was 01.09.06... while it could be different by just the number. i guess tomorrow we will find out if this is the same as the leak just a different number.

Reaction score
of course its different from the leak, the leak dropped like a month or more ago and it was most likely a beta version for testers and they fixed bugs that they found, thus new versions

MickeyG

Reaction score
Don't mean to be a pessimist, but it will be interesting to see if they botched Exchange security policies as badly as they did in the Droid 1 frg22d patch.

kman79

Reaction score
I was just wondering when this update would be out.

Got on the forums specifically to see if there is anything new with the leaked/released since the last time I tried them.

Hopefully it does come out tomorrow, and that it's still rootable.

geewiz2k1

Reaction score
I'm gonna wait a little bit before I wipe the leak and update. I want to see how buggy this final update may be and I know that the OTA update wont be immediately available to me after I reflash back to 2.1. Especially if they update so many at a time. This has taken way to long, but I guess the end of summer means the last day literally.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I CAN'T WAIT!!! My wife and I had our baby on Thursday last week so I'm already up half the night with the little guy so now I have something to do late at night, check for the update! =P

ben.keen

Reaction score
I CAN'T WAIT!!! My wife and I had our baby on Thursday last week so I'm already up half the night with the little guy so now I have something to do late at night, check for the update! =P

Congrats on the baby thing! I was spoiled, I was stationed in Korea when my first kid was born and wasn't home until he was 4 months old and then I left for my last tour in Iraq when my second child was only 3 weeks old. Now that I am home and out of the Army my kids are 5 years old and 4 years old so I missed all those mid-night feedings and whatnot!! LOL dancedroid