Official Android 2.2 Droid X Update Available

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droidx-2.3.15.png

Good Morning and welcome to Droid X Froyo day! The long awaited, highly anticipated, end of summer, official Android 2.2 update is now available for the Motorola Droid X as the roll out begins. If you haven't received the OTA update notice, you can force it by following these quick steps:

1. From the Main Menu tap Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Select About Phone
4. Select System Updates
5. Select Download to proceed with the download of the update
6. Once the download has completed select Install now
7. Software installation is complete. Select Ok, and do the Droid Happy Dance.. dancedroid

Be sure to report all issues (good and bad) to the DroidForums.net Official Droid X Android 2.2 (Froyo) Solutions/Issues thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...cial-droid-x-2-2-solutions-issues-thread.html

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why the Droid X is able to get the update by checking in the System Updates menu; yet the Droid 1 has always had to wait for VZW to push the updates? I guess i'm just a bit confused as to why a menu option is functional on one device, but not another?

lexxon

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why the Droid X is able to get the update by checking in the System Updates menu; yet the Droid 1 has always had to wait for VZW to push the updates? I guess i'm just a bit confused as to why a menu option is functional on one device, but not another?

It probably has to do with Motoblur and the update module working differently on the customized software vs. stock Android. I have the Droid 1 and the girlfriend has the Droid 2, and the 2 does indeed get updates much more easily manually. The 1 had to wait until it was pushed.

goldman22

Reaction score
The OTA owned me, it changed my bootloader and failed to update so i cant SBF, does anyone have a clockwork recovery 2.1 factory backuup file?

ben.keen

Reaction score
I started the update at 7:00 AM (EST) and by 7:20 AM (EST) I was up and running 2.2! I then loaded Flash 10.1 and the updated Gmail app. So far it is running great! dancedroid

fmchuck

Reaction score
Froyo Update for Droid X

Loaded mine this morning!! I'm liking the speed, and flash player!! Very cool!! The update only takes a few minutes to apply once you get it downloaded, and installed with no problems at all!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I found out last night that the ClockWorkMod bootloader will stop the udpate. I flashed the SBF file and all worked fine. Was very happy to see that all my apps and settings stayed after flashing the SBF. I was expecting for it to be all gone. After the flash, 2.2 updated perfectly. Now I'm going to root it...well, look for a root method. Poeple are saying the 2.2 root for the Droid2 works. We'll see. I wnat to remove the bloatware again and get my root apps back.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It probably has to do with Motoblur and the update module working differently on the customized software vs. stock Android. I have the Droid 1 and the girlfriend has the Droid 2, and the 2 does indeed get updates much more easily manually. The 1 had to wait until it was pushed.

Yeah, I guess the thing that was confusing me is simply this: why have a menu option on the Droid 1 if it's totally non-functional? I mean it was always said that the OTA for the Droid 1 was done in waves to prevent a mass-bricking and also to ease the load on the infrastructure. I was wondering what it was about the Droid X/2 where all of a sudden this is no longer a concern?

Eric72593

Reaction score
I want 2.2!!!

i search for update and it says there is none available!@!!@help?

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
I was able to get my update without problems. Will update with any concerns.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

GraveTrain

Reaction score
TADA!!! EZ PZ Lemon Squeezy.

Thanks Dan for the goto instructions. Downloaded, update went well as promised, rotated my Droid X the other way, double checked that it took, updated gmail and that was that! No fuss no muss. dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid