Droid / Droix X Froyo Confirmation

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All that matter is this. By the end of August the Droid and Droid X will have Froyo. Knowing this one can deduce that the Droid 2 being the same guts as the Droid X will launch with Froyo. That means by the end of summer one can hope to see ALL Verizon Android handsets running Froyo. WOOT!

The eros, inc, lg ally, etc? I'm guessing not.

bpad10

Reaction score
Hell ya :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

Gettn' hungry for some froyo, stock that is....

phylum sinter

Reaction score
Great news! I was starting to think maybe the original droid might get pushed further back in order to make the X more desirable.

I hope Moto/VZW continue to support the Original Droid far after 2.2.

pilot25

Reaction score
Well since on a NE2 contract, with the main line, you can upgrade once a year, when Verizon says they'll allow anyone whos contract ends in 2010 to upgrade to the X, that should allow people on a NE2 when they picked up the Droid between Nov-Dec 2009 to upgrade, correct?
i would like to know the same i bought the droid on opening day

Your and mine and others contract ends 2011. If you signed a 2 year. No dice for us.

Deuces45

Reaction score
How about a camera fix, I really don't visit forums So I haven't been up to date with anything so .....has there been a camera fix?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't think I'll remove the root for this update. Curious to see what the official version will look like.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I was really hoping for late June early july but late July isn't too bad. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed like 2.1..

ltfrakes

Reaction score
I am disappoonted that 'by end of 2nd quarter' will be missed. Of course that was never a Moto commitment, but a Google commitment. I am so burned by the absence of Flash.

I wouldn't hold my breath for end of July. August at best, and possibly September.

Mule65

Reaction score
The Motorola Droid X will launch with Android 2.1, however an over-the-air Android 2.2 update is scheduled for late August, almost one month after the launch date.

Aha, let the legacy crowd shake out the bugs for the Newbie DX'rs -- nice! :)

fit1bmx

Reaction score
froyo on the incredible

So I have heard a lot of news about froyo coming to the motorola droid and droid x. Any info on when it is to come to the incredible? I am also not sure if there is currently a thread with this topic as I am new to the site. Thanks in advance.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

I've read that HTC phones might get it by the end of the year, between fall and winter.

fit1bmx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the welcome to the site. The only reason i ask is because I am anxious to use the 10.1 flash. It's been a long time coming.