Froyo on X

rcjames

Reaction score
That all sounds nice, but I would really like to remove / delete the social networking app on my X.....until now this seems impossible, and I wonder if they are trying to shove this online exhibitionism down our throats by making it not possible to delete this carp......I don't want it on there, I paid good money for my X, but they limit which apps I can delete and which I can't......what's wrong with this picture, anyone????

You need to root it to take off the bloat ware. I don't care about the social networking app, i simply don't use it, but i glace once in a while though it shows update of people profiles. I'm still gonna root it soon take that off. Just not yet.

Damnit i shouldn't said simply don't use it, if i glance it then it consider using it. LOL I check but theres no way to edit. I'm sure there is as other forums do to.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
"the beginning of september". You'll know, don't worry. Your phone will probably notify you.

I wouldnt bet on that

Wouldn't bet on the beginning of September? No.. that's why I put it in quotes ;)

I don't have a radio issue, but I do have one where it turns off my wifi when the screen shuts off... even while charging.

Keep in mind that I disabled Juice Defender when I upgraded to 2.2. (it's still installed, just disabled.

droidsefx3d

Reaction score
Udates on one phone but not the other

What gives with this 2.2 update. My friend who has a Droid Incredible got the automatic update from Verizon last week and is on 2.2 yet My Droid X is still waiting for the auto update. Any reason for this?

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What gives with this 2.2 update. My friend who has a Droid Incredible got the automatic update from Verizon last week and is on 2.2 yet My Droid X is still waiting for the auto update. Any reason for this?

Your friend is lucky. I was told more than a week ago that the Di has been pulled from OTA updates again. Screen shots for that device please.

As far as the X goes maybe in spetember, but thats still up ini the air

droidsefx3d

Reaction score
Hey Miami1683....we both live in Daytona Beach...hows that for a coincidence! Well he has the update yet is complaining that the Flash doesn't work right. Yet he got it from verizon via auto update. I wonder how it happened or why? Maybe they found a bug and put a stop to it before the X got it?

jacket

Reaction score
So I got my DX updated to 2.2 but now it won't receive phone calls at all. I can send/receive texts, use the 3G for data surfing, and even make calls but can't receive them. Anybody heard of this problem or how to fix it?

cpjr

Reaction score
So I got my DX updated to 2.2 but now it won't receive phone calls at all. I can send/receive texts, use the 3G for data surfing, and even make calls but can't receive them. Anybody heard of this problem or how to fix it?

Dial *228 and reprovision your phone.

jacket

Reaction score

Dial *228 and reprovision your phone.

I tried that and it didn't work. I guess I could do it again but I don't see how it would make a difference if it didn't work the first time.

jacket

Reaction score
battery pull.
*228, option 1
reboot
reboot

No luck. This is really weird. How could everything work except that? Could it be a problem with my baseband update?

scf

Reaction score
battery pull.
*228, option 1
reboot
reboot

No luck. This is really weird. How could everything work except that? Could it be a problem with my baseband update?

You had issues with logwapper during installation. I'm not familiar with this, but can't help but wonder if you have other issues going on with your install. Might behoove you to fall back to 2.1, and reinstall the upate.

HeroNova

Reaction score
The only problems I've been having are with my media playing apps. Pandora, Slacker, and even the native music player won't play any songs. On Pandora, I get an error screen. With Slacker, nothing plays. And with the media player, it tells me that the music format is not supported.