Motorola Droid X Users - Prepare for Update!

michelle4439

Reaction score
I sure hope they fix the issue with the volume for the ear speaker that some of us have been having since the phones came out.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I sure hope they fix the issue with the volume for the ear speaker that some of us have been having since the phones came out.

That's an easy fix... ##PROGRAM from your dialer, then enter the password 000000 and go to option 04 Vocoder and change it from EVRC to EVRC-B.

F

fabricred

how will this change our status of being rooted can we keep our phones the way they are or will we have to unroot and then wait for a new exploit? I'm going to hold off for a while i think and see how everyone's is changed.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
how will this change our status of being rooted can we keep our phones the way they are or will we have to unroot and then wait for a new exploit? I'm going to hold off for a while i think and see how everyone's is changed.

Speaking only for my self here, if I were you I would avoid ANY over the air update, like the *plague*, if you're already rooted. There is a strong likelihood that it will mess with settings on your phone, and possibly un-root it. Don't forget that the update is coming your way from Motorola, the friendly people who gave us the locked, encrypted and booby-trapped boot loader on Droid X. They have nothing but malevolent intent towards all rooted phones, and letting their update onto your phone is like letting Jack The Ripper into your living room.

-Mike

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I remember when the DX came out that it had wifi issues. Were those ever fixed with an OTA update? The reason I ask is because when I use Wifi Tether for rooted users, the tether stops after 1 or 2 megs have transferred. I don't use it often so its not that big of a deal, but my work got me an iPad wifi and from time to time, I turn on my tether so I can use an app or two where ever I am at.

Does everyone get the stoppage from tethering or just me? I'm using Rubix 1.9.0 with the OTA froyo, not the leaked version.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I remember when the DX came out that it had wifi issues. Were those ever fixed with an OTA update? The reason I ask is because when I use Wifi Tether for rooted users, the tether stops after 1 or 2 megs have transferred. I don't use it often so its not that big of a deal, but my work got me an iPad wifi and from time to time, I turn on my tether so I can use an app or two where ever I am at.

Does everyone get the stoppage from tethering or just me? I'm using Rubix 1.9.0 with the OTA froyo, not the leaked version.

I tried tethering my rooted Droid X with Barnacle, having rooted after the August or September OTA update, and couldn't get the wifi to work at all. So much for tethering and the Droid X...:)

-Mike

Inkarnit

Reaction score

I tried tethering my rooted Droid X with Barnacle, having rooted after the August or September OTA update, and couldn't get the wifi to work at all. So much for tethering and the Droid X...:)

-Mike

You guys just don't have the right version...
wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre2.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre2 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code

is what you need for the X.

todroid

Reaction score
Last week an outage at Time Warner Cable knocked out the Road Runner internet in most of Southern California. For a while I did not know if my settings got jacked up because of the outage or because the outage was still in effect (TWC customer service was very unhelpful in figuring out if the issue was still on their or on my end). For 4 days straight I ran of my Droid X tether. Not a single drop in connection, range was even better than my router I think. I used this:
wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre15.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre15 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code
Used with encryption active and all...

AtreyuRock

Reaction score

That's an easy fix... ##PROGRAM from your dialer, then enter the password 000000 and go to option 04 Vocoder and change it from EVRC to EVRC-B.

I just changed it, I'll try it out later to see if there's a noticeable difference in my headphone volume.

Thanks for the headsup.

Bro KV

Reaction score
Funny how it works out, I hesitated for a while in sbfing to the 320 leak. Went ahead and did the load and the next day this. lol

Although this leak and the rubix rom is awesome.

ejcrossl

Reaction score
Nothing in the update about fixing the the text message issue (where it does not move new messages to the top)?

Reaction score
Has the update been sent to anyones X yet? I don't have it on mine and I just checked for updated and it said I was update.