ALERT! Droid 2 getting update tonight.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droid 2 and droid x can pull the ota you dont have to wait, its a feature of blur.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I heard rumblings that it may be released to a limited number of devices before its available to everyone. The only thing that sucks is it seems like maybe 70 to 80% of people here got it... not me though...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

microsnook

Reaction score
I heard rumblings that it may be released to a limited number of devices before its available to everyone. The only thing that sucks is it seems like maybe 70 to 80% of people here got it... not me though...

Agreed. Maybe itll come out within the next month :p

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Agreed. Maybe itll come out within the next month :p

I was hoping more like the next 8 hours lol

Wetherby

Reaction score

I'm not 100% positive but if you have the droid 2 just search for system updates in settings and it should update. That's all I did.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'm not 100% positive but if you have the droid 2 just search for system updates in settings and it should update. That's all I did.

Ya I know I must have tried 20 times between midnight and now and got nothin.

microsnook

Reaction score

Ya I know I must have tried 20 times between midnight and now and got nothin.

haha me too spaz.
i would like it tonight! but w/e.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just looked in the other update thread and it would appear my orriginal 70-80% estimate may have been a little inflated. A lot of people are having issues over there so I guess it could be a matter of hours... or days... or weeks... jk probably not weeks.

CellZealot

Reaction score
It is very important to note that this update is one way only and cannot be reverted to any previous version. This will be the case for all future updates. Each one will have a bootloader change that prevents going back even with an SBF file.

We will be working towards a solution but there is none right now.

xmguy

Reaction score
So with me running Fission V1.2.1 Can i still get this and not lose anything?
Nope, you'll have to unroot to get the OTA. At least I think you have to.

First, look at your phone and see if there are any updates waiting. If there is then try it. If it doesn't work the worst that it can do is brick your phone. Then you take it to Verizon and say "Look what my updated did to my phone."

I don't have the D2. But am I correct that even with Bootstrap. A update can flash that all back to stock wiping all rooting and mods?

conacher

Reaction score
Still eagerly awaiting the update. I keep manually checking but its still not there