Droid / Droix X Froyo Confirmation

Lemurion

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the welcome to the site. The only reason i ask is because I am anxious to use the 10.1 flash. It's been a long time coming.

Unfortunately, you'll be getting it a little later than the Moto users, but you should still get it. It's a side-effect of HTC's UI customizations; it's a lot faster to qualify the bone-stock OS for different hardware.

gixxerboy

Reaction score
Maybe the droidx shipping with 2.1 is a good thing. Since most devs are familliar with 2.1 there might be a fairly easy way to root it and byb some miracle there is after it does get the 2:2 update there will be a way to use sbf to get it back to 2.1 to root it.

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath for end of July. August at best, and possibly September.

I'll second that seeing as my contact just told me yesterday it won't be til Aug at best. Latest frf84 build still needs to go to final testing and so forth before it is pushed out. Highly highly unlikely it would be Sept tho unless some disaster happened.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dudes,

He got that from THIS forum.

That's how the other stupid earlier rumor started. Stop worrying about it, you can't make it happen by constantly checking.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I dont see why they woudl launch it for the current Droid before their new flagship product except to appease those of us with the droid who can not upgrade yet...

though for me thankfully I have the wife's line to upgrade...

Yeah, it could be there way of saying thanks to those of us who supported the Droid. Whatever the reason is, I'll take it.

tdelfie03

Reaction score
Well since on a NE2 contract, with the main line, you can upgrade once a year, when Verizon says they'll allow anyone whos contract ends in 2010 to upgrade to the X, that should allow people on a NE2 when they picked up the Droid between Nov-Dec 2009 to upgrade, correct?
I was in verizon the other day and found out that the early upgrade is only if you are upgrading from a non-smart phone

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
Well since on a NE2 contract, with the main line, you can upgrade once a year, when Verizon says they'll allow anyone whos contract ends in 2010 to upgrade to the X, that should allow people on a NE2 when they picked up the Droid between Nov-Dec 2009 to upgrade, correct?
I was in verizon the other day and found out that the early upgrade is only if you are upgrading from a non-smart phone

Not true! I and several other people currently with Verizon accounts and smart phones purchased the Droid X with an early upgrade. All we did is call 611. When I purchased my Droid X, my contract was not due for upgrade until 5/21/11.

beefchopper

Reaction score

Not true! I and several other people currently with Verizon accounts and smart phones purchased the Droid X with an early upgrade. All we did is call 611. When I purchased my Droid X, my contract was not due for upgrade until 5/21/11.

Are you saying that they let you have the discounted price ($199) for a DroidX even though you are not eligible for an upgrade for almost an additional year and already have a smartphone still under contract with Verizon?

tdelfie03

Reaction score
Not true! I and several other people currently with Verizon accounts and smart phones purchased the Droid X with an early upgrade. All we did is call 611. When I purchased my Droid X, my contract was not due for upgrade until 5/21/11.[/QUOTE]

I'm only repeating what i was told at the Verizon Store.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
again guys keep this thread respectful and on topic.........please

FireDroid

Reaction score
I was given the same upgrade. I bought my D1 in December 09 and they let me upgrade to the DX.