Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

Dark-V

Reaction score
Actually the latest Motorola update on their facebook states:
Motorola Thanks to all your patience; the CLIQ’s Android 1.3.18 update has been released and is rolling out in stages. If you would like details on the update or have any questions, please visit this site for the release notes and a link to our support site: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/MB...

So no, not the Droid update, but oh look, another device gets an update.

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
Patience is a virtue. From what I can tell Motorolla is swamped with all their new gadgets and its essential for a company of their standards to cover all aspects of software upgrade. I'm sure it's not that they don't want to give us the upgrade, like some greedy old Scrooge. But, it's probably that they're taking all the precautionary steps by dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. We would'nt want another Toyota recall crises in our hands, would we? That would be worse, if got a half ass update. Just my two cents. :heart::motdroidvert:

bpad10

Reaction score
Patience is a virtue. From what I can tell Motorolla is swamped with all their new gadgets and its essential for a company of their standards to cover all aspects of software upgrade. I'm sure it's not that they don't want to give us the upgrade, like some greedy old Scrooge. But, it's probably that they're taking all the precautionary steps by dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's. We would'nt want another Toyota recall crises in our hands, would we? That would be worse, if got a half ass update. Just my two cents. :heart::motdroidvert:

And this is where the problem is....the Droid is suppose to be the best of the best and a company should focus on keeping it up-to-date. They keep throwing products at us and don't SEEM to be focusing their best product. 2.1 has been out for over a month....that gave Motorola a ton of time to tweek and perfect it. Instead they seemed to have moved on aalready. Don't get me wrong, I understand bussiness and the more products offered the more costumers you may attract. My problem is motorola isn't giving us a tentative date a month after they said it would be out "soon." Yet their pushing more and more devices out with THEIR latest and greatest features.....

Humpa

Reaction score
There are like 1 or 2 hundred Droid owners that are following and obsessing over the 2.1 release. Out of the rest of the Droid owners, there is probably 0.5% that are even aware that there phone has an OS on it that is getting an upgrade.

This is not the tragedy some people think it is - well, it is not a tragedy outside of the 200 seemingly dying for the update. ;D

MdicnMan

Reaction score
There are like 1 or 2 hundred Droid owners that are following and obsessing over the 2.1 release. Out of the rest of the Droid owners, there is probably 0.5% that are even aware that there phone has an OS on it that is getting an upgrade.

This is not the tragedy some people think it is - well, it is not a tragedy outside of the 200 seemingly dying for the update. ;D

Now that post deserves :clap:

Humpa

Reaction score

Now that post deserves :clap:
Thanks ;)

But just to clarify a little, I'm not bashing any of you guys here who are so eagerly awaiting the update. I totally understand - plus that is what these types of forums are for (a gathering place for us "elite" users ;) ). I am subscribed to this thread, after all.
... I just thought I'd mention this. I didn't want to offend anyone.

Sodner

Reaction score
Only here in 2.1 Wasteland is wanting something so heavily frowned upon.

Mean while, other people complain over the words "Verizon Wireless" showing up in the status bar pull down how wonderful it would be to get rid of it. :icon_eek: Oh, and no new posts on 2.1!!!! But please be sure and post as many "overclocking", "which case?", and "smoked glass" topics as you want. Silly.

And yes I am pissed that 2.1 is still not out. Deal with it.

Big Cam

Reaction score
The vzw being in the status bar has already been addressed in its own thread, just click active topics. With that said, why is this thread still around, I mean we know 2.1 isn't coming for a while, and this precurser nonsense was just that, nonsense.

Sodner

Reaction score
The vzw being in the status bar has already been addressed in its own thread, just click active topics. With that said, why is this thread still around, I mean we know 2.1 isn't coming for a while, and this precurser nonsense was just that, nonsense.

I guess my point was not clear. Why is it people need to come to this thread and say for example (Not a real quote) "For heavens sake shut up about 2.1 already, it gets here when it gets here!!" When the 2.1 OTA should be a major change in the look, features and functionality of the phone.

Mean while, people actually feel the need to complain about 2 words on the status bar drop down? To me THAT is what is ridiculos, yet I do not intrude on those people and enter that thread telling them how stupid it is.

Maybe the lesson is... "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all."

MrKleen

Reaction score
The reason this thread is still here is that they are allowing us a place to write our 2.1 comments. Starting new threads is not permitted so at least we can put them here if we like. I appreciate it, and as with every post... those that are not interested can keep on scrolling.

DJ Jesus

Reaction score

And this is where the problem is....the Droid is suppose to be the best of the best and a company should focus on keeping it up-to-date. They keep throwing products at us and don't SEEM to be focusing their best product. 2.1 has been out for over a month....that gave Motorola a ton of time to tweek and perfect it. Instead they seemed to have moved on aalready. Don't get me wrong, I understand bussiness and the more products offered the more costumers you may attract. My problem is motorola isn't giving us a tentative date a month after they said it would be out "soon." Yet their pushing more and more devices out with THEIR latest and greatest features.....

I totally agree with you and I'm not trying to make excuses for Motorola. Lord knows I want the update too. But I highly doubt the devs are in charge of the post updates. Updates are probably left to some admin assitance or something. Who knows how many devs they got working on this, it might just be one programer working on multiple tasks. Still though, software tweaks are inevitable. Maybe they spoke too soon about the release and found there was a flaw in the update which made them withhold the release. Major companies are too proud to admit their errors. We'll never know.

bpad10

Reaction score
Its comical that people are coming on to a 2.1 page ment for 2.1 discussion and telling some of us to quit wasting their time discussing 2.1. Thought that's why they left this thread.

From what I gather the majority that are taking their time to write back and tell us not to waste our time are individuals that have already rooted their phone and have the features we are looking for....

And if that is true great, but allow some of us, who play by the rules, and haven't rooted, to speculate and discuss what might be going on. Motorola isn't helping the situation either....

This is an open forum to discuss everythin Droid, which would include 2.1. If you are sick of the conversation, there are plenty of threads within this forum you may enjoy :)

Humpa

Reaction score
Is this really pushed out?? I have seen nothing yet. Is there some where you have to go or do to get this on?
I haven't heard or read anything new. It has been "pushed out" for the last month now.

The only consistent thing being posted/rumored/leaked is "soon".