Motorola Droid Turbo Soak Test Invites Hitting Inboxes; Android 5 or just Maintenance?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-black-red-press-ultimate-hero.jpg

Just last night soak test invites starting pushing out to owners of the Motorola Droid Turbo. There's no intel on whether this will be the full blown Android 5.0 Lollipop or just a maintenance/bug fix update. At the very least it is probably a VoLTE add-on for the new flagship Verizon device.

We will keep you updated as more intel arrives.

[Update: from initial reports it appears that this is only a VoLTE update and nothing more. We will let you know if anything changes.]

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So has anyone actually received the update and captured it for the rest of us?

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I don't recall from who but I heard the in box invite was only open for a few hours so..... For me "I know nothing "

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Very true. Also, FYI, latest news "unofficially" is that it's the VOLTE update which will enable simultaneous voice/data, and NOT Lollipop... Sigh...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Very true. Also, FYI, latest news "unofficially" is that it's the VOLTE update which will enable simultaneous voice/data, and NOT Lollipop... Sigh...

I read elsewhere that the Volte provisioning for the Turbo was loaded into Verizon's system yesterday.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So has anyone actually received the update and captured it for the rest of us?
The only way I now to capture an over the air update is if you are rooted.
Is there another way ?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The only way I now to capture an over the air update is if you are rooted.
Is there another way ?
This won't be ota, will it? I thought that soak tests were sent via link... It's been so long since I (may have), participated on one. How else would they be able to push it to just some phones and not all of them? I do know that some get it ota even of they're not in the soak so I may have just answered my own question.

There are others who could shed light. If it is ota, then you're correct in your assumption.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It is over the air. They push it to the meid of your phone so they can push it to select phones. That's probably why a few get it inadvertently, wrong meid Putin by a number or two.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It is over the air. They push it to the meid of your phone so they can push it to select phones. That's probably why a few get it inadvertently, wrong meid Putin by a number or two.
Then we need root bad...

JDH

Reaction score
I was on phone with V c/s this morning and was told my turbo had Volte, but , how can I verify? I went to settings , about phone, signals ect and only shows 1x 4g. whats up?

TatDroid

Reaction score
I was on phone with V c/s this morning and was told my turbo had Volte, but , how can I verify? I went to settings , about phone, signals ect and only shows 1x 4g. whats up?
That may be a case of having just enough information to be dangerous. Yes, the Turbo is a VoLTE device (it's listed on the Verizon site) but no, it hasn't been enabled yet.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm downloading an update right now.... Just checked for the heck of it. Will see what's different.