Motorola Sends Out an Invite For Another Droid Turbo Soak Test; Probably Another VoLTE Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-droid-turbo.jpg

Moto just sent out another Soak Test Invite for the Droid Turbo. Although we are obviously hoping for Android 5.0 Lollipop in this one, you shouldn't get your hopes up. It hints at VoLTE, which suggests it's simply some tweaks/bug fixes for that. Of course, we will keep you apprised if that speculation turns out to be wrong and it is something more interesting. We have the email invite quoted in the thread below for your viewing pleasure.

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Motorola Droid Turbo section here for more discussions: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is that Soak Test email for the Droid Turbo:

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid Turbo to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid Turbo, please excuse and ignore this email.

We can only accept a limited number of participants, so please don't wait to respond.

Click this link -- [further redacted] [Redacted] -- to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part. This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address([REDACTED]). Note that you must be a member in good standing of the Motorola Owners' Forums to be included. This is a confidential opportunity under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Start times can be fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don't hear from us right away.

Thanks!

Tom
Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network

Last edited by a moderator:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would think its L. And if not, then what.. are we going to have to wait for April???

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope it's L. But the maxx just had a soak too.. That was thought to be L.. Was just a volte upgrade.. Idk.
I kind of think vzw is holding L back from the turbo, until it drops it's carrier specific (RUMOR) N6 with ugly vzw written on it and bloat.. And a 4000Mah battery... Until they drop that.. I don't think any other vzw moto will receive L.. I hope I'm wrong.. And i hope the rumor about a carrier specific n6 is wrong too

realged13

Reaction score
I am really surprised nothing has came about for Android L yet. However, could also be a good idea. I know there have been quite a few bugs and features that people want back. I'd rather they take their time and get it right instead of just pushing it on us.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Haven't heard any news.. Have you?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's probably like most of their soak tests.. Send invites.. Make sure things are good to go.. I hear that there was some form of a "community" issue on the maxx volte soak.. Idk if they're making sure that doesn't happen... Or what..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Aaaaaaaannnd........????? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I am saying too. I do know one thing, I've seen a TON of activity in the Google Play Apps updates. This is usually a sign that the update to the system is coming and the app developers are bringing their apps into conformity and compatibility. In a couple days there, I had 20+ apps updated each day. Today alone there was at least a dozen. Let's hope that's a harbinger of things to come.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah, that's what I am saying too. I do know one thing, I've seen a TON of activity in the Google Play Apps updates. This is usually a sign that the update to the system is coming and the app developers are bringing their apps into conformity and compatibility. In a couple days there, I had 20+ apps updated each day. Today alone there was at least a dozen. Let's hope that's a harbinger of things to come.

When that happens from a wide range of app developers, it usually only applies to new builds from Google, not updates for specific devices from OEMs. I too have seen an usually large number of apps receiving updates over the past few days, but I'm on the Note 4 (and a Lollipop update isn't expected any time soon). Android 5.1 is rumored to be on the near horizon, so part of it could be tied to that. It could also be a coincidence. :)

Of course, if they're all Moto apps that are being updated, that's often a sign that something is coming from Moto.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. That speaks to something bigger than a volte upgrade.. Let's hope they have it baked... And its not just them being baked...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When that happens from a wide range of app developers, it usually only applies to new builds from Google, not updates for specific devices from OEMs. I too have seen an usually large number of apps receiving updates over the past few days, but I'm on the Note 4 (and a Lollipop update isn't expected any time soon). Android 5.1 is rumored to be on the near horizon, so part of it could be tied to that. It could also be a coincidence. :)

Of course, if they're all Moto apps that are being updated, that's often a sign that something is coming from Moto.

"Previous smartphones: Droid Turbo, Galaxy S5, One M8, Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi+, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini (Retina), Note 8.0, Nexus 7, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet"​

Do you think you've maybe gone overboard a bit in your playing with phones of the past? :D LOL! Geez, you've had more phones than I've had birthdays almost! :eek: (JK) Now I know who to go to when I need help with my Droid 2 Global or my XV6800. Didn't even know they made an XV6900.