Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Soak Test Might Be Android 6.0/Marshmallow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
turbo2.jpg

It looks like Motorola has started a new soak test for the Verizon Droid Turbo 2. Several folks have reported receiving emails from Motorola detailing an “early preview of a new software release," for the Droid Turbo 2. It could simply be a maintenance/security update of some kind, but it's just as likely to be Android 6.0/Marshmallow.

Folks who are on the Motorola Feedback Network and own the Droid Turbo 2 should be on the lookout for a new update. Sound off and let us know what you think of it (after the required NDA period of course).

Here's our dedicated Motorola Droid Turbo 2 section for further discussion: Motorola DROID Turbo 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

realged13

Reaction score
Interesting. Did we ever get confirmation that the OG Turbo getting 6.0?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

The Turbo has been on the Moto Software Update page for a few months, stating that it will receive the 6.X M update. That's about as official as it gets; they never release dates though.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

You didn't really think it WOULDN'T, did you? I'm not the type that really cares about updates but even I might be annoyed if a current flagship DIDN'T get an update...

Jimmy8881

Reaction score
User on xda with a employee edition of the phone confirmed is a 2 part marshmallow update. Part one over 30mb, part 2 over 1gb

Domestic violence

Reaction score
VZW sent me a postcard offering an early upgrade (10 mounts months early) to a DT2. I thought about it briefly to replace my Note 4... But the more I think about it, I don't think it'll be much of an upgrade

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just got mine today..moto migrate won't work for pulling my stuff over..so I have to do it the hard way. I will say I like this screen...and the phone is snappy..now to move my 900+ songs over to it....ugh...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been so busy...that I'm just now getting my music brought over..than I'll put it on my sdcard..make my power amp settings adjustments..and move on from there..

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just got mine today..moto migrate won't work for pulling my stuff over..so I have to do it the hard way. I will say I like this screen...and the phone is snappy..now to move my 900+ songs over to it....ugh...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I tried using Migrate on a sale I had the other day, and it didn't work either. Very disappointing Motorola!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I tried using Migrate on a sale I had the other day, and it didn't work either. Very disappointing Motorola!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I thought migrate only worked over WiFi?
Last time I used it, it took almost 5 hours.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Migrate no longer works on the newer phones, Moto announced that a while back. I believe it is now on their list of Sunset Apps. If I open it on my Turbo 2 I get a popup that says "Sorry! Migrate does not support transfer to this device".

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
But will work FROM. What sense does that make?
Migrate took about 20 minutes om my Turbo 1. 5 hours?!?!? CRAZY!

This is the one thing about Moto that ticked me off. Fine... 'sunset' those apps that are duplicitous of Marshmallow features. I get that. But could you AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL YOU INSTALL M ON YOUR PHONES!?!?!?! Ridiculous...

Is there ONE Moto that has M yet?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, there are several already...Moto X Force, Moto X Pure, Moto X Play, Moto X 2014 Unlocked and I believe the newest Moto G (3rd Gen maybe?). We should be soon, I would think.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So I was curious and it's a REALLY slow day at work...
;)

Went to check out how one orders a refresh.

BTW the offer to get a Refresh if you purchase the 64GB T2 ENDS AT THE END OF THE YEAR. *REPEAT* Offer available through December 31st, 2015.*
Here is step 3:
  • Step 3: When your redesigned DROID Turbo 2 arrives, you’ll be able to transfer information from your old phone to your new one.
How so Moto if you can only use Migrate to transfer FROM a T2 and not TO one???
Better get crack-alacking on that M roll out....

My Moto X

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think they mean transfer using the Google NFC transfer option that pops up when you first sign I to your phone. That would be my guess. I used that to copy apps and settings from my Turbo to Turbo 2 for the first time ever and it worked pretty good.