Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

MarkTNTnash

Reaction score
Thanks...New to this device and hope they can clear some bugs. Love it, but battery life is not that great (even with a task killer).

JLB09

Reaction score
Is this really pushed out?? I have seen nothing yet. Is there some where you have to go or do to get this on?
I haven't heard or read anything new. It has been "pushed out" for the last month now.

The only consistent thing being posted/rumored/leaked is "soon".

I think "soon" means before spring 2010.

bpad10

Reaction score
Is this really pushed out?? I have seen nothing yet. Is there some where you have to go or do to get this on?
I haven't heard or read anything new. It has been "pushed out" for the last month now.

Hahaha....by then they'll start saying "it'll be any day now....."

The reason 2.1 is big is because it seems to be a gateway for Flash, google earth, ect, ect. There seems to be so much potential with 2.1

Technoman

Reaction score
Thanks...New to this device and hope they can clear some bugs. Love it, but battery life is not that great (even with a task killer).

For all of what this phone does, the battery life really is not that bad.

You should check exactly what is using your battery life, and perhaps adjust somethings based on those findings.

Task Killers are not necessary on Android. They can cause you major conflicts with APPs, and a lot of applications will restart on their own even when killed with a Task Killer.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I don't think 2.1 is a gateway for google earth since I am running 2.0.1 and have google earth on my phone.... got in the market.

I also don't think 2.1 is a gateway for flash either since there are videos of them running it with 2.0.1 also....

2.1 is simply a gateway for 2.1 lol.

I do already have all the goodies that will be coming in 2.1 so I am not excited about any of that. I am excited about 2.1 because it will be a step forward. All steps forward are a good thing.

The reason 2.1 is big is because it seems to be a gateway for Flash, google earth, ect, ect. There seems to be so much potential with 2.1

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't think 2.1 is a gateway for google earth since I am running 2.0.1 and have google earth on my phone.... got in the market.

I also don't think 2.1 is a gateway for flash either since there are videos of them running it with 2.0.1 also....

2.1 is simply a gateway for 2.1 lol.

I do already have all the goodies that will be coming in 2.1 so I am not excited about any of that. I am excited about 2.1 because it will be a step forward. All steps forward are a good thing.

What market are you looking at? I dont see google earth on the market..

MrKleen

Reaction score

bpad10

Reaction score

I just went to the Market to double check and under all apps, then free apps it was the second choice.....

I am rooted so maybe that makes the difference.

But for those that are not rooted here is a link that will give you the instructions on how to google earth for those that are stock and not rooted.

google earth for 2.0.1 and non-rooted users | droid life: a motorola droid blog
really? I've looked everywhere for google earth. Are you rooted? I also realize we have the ability for some video but flash 10.1 will only be supported on 2.1. Google earth is nowhere to be seen in the market....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

I just went to the Market to double check and under all apps, then free apps it was the second choice.....

But for those that are not rooted here is a link that will give you the instructions on how to google earth for those that are stock and not rooted.

That is so cool.. thnk man, just installed it and seems to work great.. I didnt mes up phone at all did I? lol

Im guessing alls I did by unchecking that box was it to allow downloads from unverified sources?!

Rich:icon_ banana:

bpad10

Reaction score

really? I've looked everywhere for google earth. Are you rooted? I also realize we have the ability for some video but flash 10.1 will only be supported on 2.1. Google earth is nowhere to be seen in the market....
never mind....since your rooted it does make a difference. thats why 2.1 is a gateway for many of us who play be the rules....If your rooted and have all the features great, but we dont and are hoping to have them soon. Legitimately.....

Humpa

Reaction score

never mind....since your rooted it does make a difference. thats why 2.1 is a gateway for many of us who play be the rules....If your rooted and have all the features great, but we dont and are hoping to have them soon. Legitimately.....
You can make an app with requirements - meaning they can have the app only accessible to 2.1 and above, or 2.0 and above ... whatever.

Google Earth is one such app - so if your build.prop isn't modified, then you won't see the 2.1 apps like Google Earth and Live Wallpapers.

MrKleen

Reaction score
bpad10;261692quote said:

LOL You keep mentioning "playing by the rules".... lol Take it easy, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to improve your phone if you dont understand the process and are worried about it. It's really not that big of a deal, you are not missing "too" much, and you will get it soon enough... :)

Also you may have missed my link to get google earth for those that "play by the rules" and are not rooted.... just click on the words below this line.... Google Earth is simply another app that you can install if you like. 2.1 is not a gateway for installing apps on your phone.... lol If google earth is something you want.... here it is..... lol

Click Here: google earth for 2.0.1 and non-rooted users | droid life: a motorola droid blog

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69