Droid X Android 2.2 (Froyo) Update Ready

hgaskins

Reaction score
I've checked for system updates over and over...and no OTA notification on my phone. Currently, I am running the leaked 2.2 version. Is this preventing me from pulling the update or from receiving a notification.

If you're already essentially running the update then the updating processor probably won't perceive a need. The real problem that you could face according Verizon is if updates come out that are newer than the update released on the forum you might not receive them. Your choice is to see if you can back it off to the original version that you had and then try updating again. I have you tried to compare version numbers between the leaked version and Verizon's?

bethrn

Reaction score
My Droid X is downloading the update from VZW right now. I'm excited. I hope it's not all hype. :))

12TH34

Reaction score

Can we root the phone once it is on 2.2? or is that still unknown, and what is perceived the benefit to upgrade? faster, better battery life, or just better in general?

kennyc

Reaction score
Can we root the phone once it is on 2.2? or is that still unknown, and what is perceived the benefit to upgrade? faster, better battery life, or just better in general?

DROID X Is Getting Android 2.2 Froyo Soon, Verizon Says - Softpedia

Some of the novelties in this OS version, highlighted by Verizon too, include:

- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for Android - Improved Web browsing to view your favorite Flash powered websites and access Flash based games for Android pre-installed.
- Automatic Software Updates - choose to automatically update Android Market Apps you've downloaded, so you always have the latest application version installed.
- 270° Screen Rotation - applications will now work when the phone is in portrait mode or turned to the left or right in landscape mode.

12TH34

Reaction score
thanks, installed and routed the adb way.... just remember to reboot after you complete the root... LOL I didn't think it worked

droidXpert

Reaction score
Wow this is much faster than the leak. I can tell this has the JIT compiler