[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0thead132

Reaction score
Not clockwork my friend, STOCK recovery. Pull the battery, hold x on the keyboard while you power on. When you see the android with the "!" His the magnifying glass on the physical keyboard to access recovery. It is very limited, but wiping data and cache are options.

Sent from my DROID2

Tried that too it froze on the "!" dude

EDIT: Scratch that, tired again and it worked! hoping this does it...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe it isn't the search key then... unless you damaged the hardware (insanely unlikely) you are fine.

Try booting the phone while holding the up arrow.

Sent from my DROID2

h0thead132

Reaction score
I GOT IT! lol, the hold x method did end up working, now just to update to the newest GB and newest Liberty! Thanks Guys!!

videospy

Reaction score
Over the last 2 weeks I've not been able to make calls..when i try to make a call it just hangs up right after hitting call button...When i reboot seems to fix for a couple days they does it again...anyone else seeing this? I'm on .9

xandor

Reaction score
I cannot update the gmail app -- keep getting a message that the package file was not signed correctly.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

bishoy

Reaction score
I cannot update the gmail app -- keep getting a message that the package file was not signed correctly

go into the toolbox and uninstall the gmail app. then just download from the market, and you're all set

xandor

Reaction score
go into the toolbox and uninstall the gmail app. then just download from the market, and you're all set
Worked like a champ. Wasn't sure about doing that at first until you mentioned it. Was afraid gmail would go into no-man's land. One other question..how to get the new market? Anyone?

Last edited:

Librarat

Reaction score
I know I'm behind the times, but after reading up I decided to upgrade from Liberty 2.0.1 to GB .8 and got stuck at the boot logo (not animation). Decided to do this as when ever I slid the phone open it would randomly either boot-loop or soft-lock with the screen cutting off halfway down, filling up with colored static on the bottom half.

Bug: .8 Hung permanently on boot at the boot logo (yellow fist) after upgrading from Liberty 2.0.1 (and yes, I wiped cache and data before and after the install. I also bought the toolbox, and installing a rom from there is just epic fail [had to sbf after that]).

rystan11

Reaction score
I know I'm behind the times, but after reading up I decided to upgrade from Liberty 2.0.1 to GB .8 and got stuck at the boot logo (not animation). Decided to do this as when ever I slid the phone open it would randomly either boot-loop or soft-lock with the screen cutting off halfway down, filling up with colored static on the bottom half.

Bug: .8 Hung permanently on boot at the boot logo (yellow fist) after upgrading from Liberty 2.0.1 (and yes, I wiped cache and data before and after the install. I also bought the toolbox, and installing a rom from there is just epic fail [had to sbf after that]).

what method did u use to get to GB? Monster patch or ota upgrade? Because u cant just flash lib .8 over top of 2.0.1

Librarat

Reaction score
Hm.. Well I used monster and it borked. I SBF'd, then re-rooted/bootstrapped, Monster'd and finally installing the Liberty (wiping cache/data between every step) and it's working amazingly now.

Bugs, and I'll do my best to keep this updated as I find them...

* Pulldown text editor causes a lockup of the toolbox. Will re-post once I uninstall and reinstall. What's the character limit on this? 81?

Edit: Apparently apostrophes " ' " cause the pulldown editor to break. Once I removed it, it goes through just fine. The offending word turned out to be "can't"

Last edited:

Librarat

Reaction score
I have a strange issue, which I believe someone mentioned earlier in the thread but never received an answer to.
I now have to swipe to unlock, then do my pattern. Now, I know I'm coming from Liberty 2.0.1 but I feel like having a double unlock is a bit redundant... Or am I just completely derping here?

Bug: Using AOSP mms, requesting delivery receipts, the icon for delivery shows up even before the message is sent. Additionally, there is no change when I use Read Receipts or not.

Last edited:

BlooD

Reaction score
Hey, i have liberty v0.8 and my market wont update to the latest version. I tried deleting the market and installing the new version but it would not let me put the new one on, so i actually had to re flash the rom and am back at my main issue, the market not updating.

Socomfreak

Reaction score
My sms/mms stock version on the lib gb v.08 and even on v.09 both force close any threads I have if the other person sends a mms (pic, audio, video) always. I have to delete the thread and reopen a new one and can never receive the media in the message ever on lib gb

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
I have v.09 flashed on my D2, but I am using it through Boot Manager. The only problem I have is, if I try to use a PIN with my lockscreen, the phone locks up and I have to pull the battery and reboot. I have Liberty installed as an SD ROM through Boot Manager - anyone else experiencing this? Wondering if it is a Liberty problem, or a Boot Manager problem.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.