[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

Chukee

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this but Apple is so much better at launching new products. They announce it, and within a week or two, it's for sale.

Oh yeahh. That iPhone 5 oh I mean iPhone 4s release went pretty good. People got what was expected or RUMORED.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

idefiler6

Reaction score
The CNET link someone posted at the top of page two: If that's the page the OP is talking about, there's nothing in there but speculation on the links already provided by other bloggers earlier today. It is, again, nothing but a rumor.

coreteck

Reaction score
Hey Verizon. [explicit]

The rest of you have a lovely day.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Google/Sammy didn't seem to have a problem in Europe. I think this is 100% VZW. And to think they're the HIGHEST rated carrier in terms of satisfaction...

European carriers operate differently from American ones. Over here carriers pretty much run the show. With the exception of the iPhone.

hayjude99

Reaction score
European carriers operate differently from American ones. Over here carriers pretty much run the show. With the exception of the iPhone.

^^One of the reasons I want to move to the UK

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
^^One of the reasons I want to move to the UK

It could easily be changed, if companies had some balls.

Remember, Apple went to vzw first for the iPhone. When vzw started making demands apple left. Went to AT&T which was more docile. Over the years the iPhone became a huge success. Verizon bent over backwards and let Apple do what they wanted.

Apple is really the only company that has 100% control over their stuff. It's quite interesting to see what has been done with the iPhone and how much freedom Apple has. Considering they're the ones running the show and not the carriers.

After that I'd say Microsoft has some more control. WP7 is a pretty untouched in roughly the same way the iPhone is. Unfortunately, it isn't popular enough for carriers to care about it.

Then you got your NEXUS....

See Apple got where they are by showing the four that they needed the iPhone. I'm sure if Google pushed harder restrictions we could see Google being in charge of Android and having it be more like the iPhone. Android is very popular and I'm sure the carriers wouldn't turn it away.

Then again we'd most likely lose the openness of Android. Is that something we really would like gone?

hayjude99

Reaction score
See Apple got where they are by showing the four that they needed the iPhone. I'm sure if Google pushed harder restrictions we could see Google being in charge of Android and having it be more like the iPhone. Android is very popular and I'm sure the carriers wouldn't turn it away.

Then again we'd most likely lose the openness of Android. Is that something we really would like gone?

VERY good point. I would die if Google locked Android. The US carrier situation is in a sick way any way you look at it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Verizon has yet to officially announce anything regarding the Nexus besides "Coming Soon", which was first seen a couple months back.

This article was written because Verizon made an announcement. Check out the CNET article.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

big al

Reaction score
%$W@%%%EEQ@@!R^&%&^%&^$%^*^#%$@$#!@$:disappointed:

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
***Wonders if it was delayed bcuz of the LTE outage***

If this keeps up ICS will be out on the Droid X and most of my reason for getting a Nexus will have gone.