Galaxy Nexus: Looks Like December Launch

rayr0d

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting, and depend on their dumb marketing strategy...Got the REZOUND yesterday and its AMAZING...I feel like this guy waiting for his GF to say YES I'LL MARRY YOU and in the meantime i found this way hotter chick that says LETS DO IT NOW lol!! REZOUND ROCKS! more powerful processor and i inserted my 32 gig sd card plus their internal memory and already rooted it, no bloatware for me...Hell Yeah!

Ha - good one - Samsung Nexus is coming, seen it on Verizon's latest Map Pricing List with a price tag @ $299.99 .. Leave it to Big Red to play Daddy and dictate when Nexus can come out and play.

Happy Journeys with your Rezound - You def didn't go wrong with your choice!

Brimm

Reaction score
I have said it before and i will say it again those who are not rocking a OG Droid or gulp...older you should stop crying.We OG Droid holders are hanging in there for the best everyone else is just spoiled :icon_ lala:

LOL WHATEVER MAN! I have this crappy, cracked, and dying blackberry storm and I would gladly take someone's OG droid right now! This is seriously an abomination of a smart phone but I'm stuck with it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I got tired of waiting, and depend on their dumb marketing strategy...Got the REZOUND yesterday and its AMAZING...I feel like this guy waiting for his GF to say YES I'LL MARRY YOU and in the meantime i found this way hotter chick that says LETS DO IT NOW lol!! REZOUND ROCKS! more powerful processor and i inserted my 32 gig sd card plus their internal memory and already rooted it, no bloatware for me...Hell Yeah!

Way hotter?! Not to me.. not everyone likes'm chunky like you do! ;)

Reaction score
A little meat won't hurt lol! When i used to have the tbolt i had that EXTRA MEGA UBER OVER SIZED extended battery and loved it, so for me performance and specially AVAILABILITY comes first haha!

Big Ry

Reaction score
lol to everyone in this thread.... just lol. Freaking out. :biggrin: Relax. be cool.View attachment 42822

Lol dude, I think many of us are in the same boat. Our old phones are acting up and/or on their last legs and we want to upgrade. My D2 has a lot of annoying issues. Some could probably be resolved by flashing a ROM or deleting some of my 250+ apps, but then there's my touch screen responsiveness which just sucks on this phone. I'm getting impatient. Gimme galaxy nexes now! I can't wait any longer!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Ugh, I give up dude, believe what you want. I'm trying to explain things based on what I have heard from testers and what I know from business practices. You know better, apparently. Congratulations.

Ok, I'm not here to fight. I realize that there could be differences between how the HSPA and LTE radios work with ICS. But you are kidding yourself if you honestly think VZW/Google/Sammy has delayed the release of this device because of problems that became evident once the device was released in Europe (i.e. Volume bug). We'd all like to think a company would do that for us, but they won't. They just want to make as much money as possible. if the problem is a new problem (i.e. LTE radio issues), then yes, we certainly would expect them to fix the problem prior to release.
Not to give ammo to this fight, but the bionic would be an example... i agree with jkhonea on this one.

The original bionic was not ever released, so no, that's not an example.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
A little meat won't hurt lol! When i used to have the tbolt i had that EXTRA MEGA UBER OVER SIZED extended battery and loved it, so for me performance and specially AVAILABILITY comes first haha!

As far as performance goes the nexus will be untouched by any android...just cause rezound has a 1.5 dual core doesn't mean its faster. From my experience, 1ghz single core HTC ran faster than any Motorola at 1 ghz...and the nexus will outperform anything out there at 1.2

Everyone has confirmed that browsing is extremely fluid. Comparable and better than iPhone and galaxy s2. That's a big deal considering its also a bigger screen and has the highest resolution of the three.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not here to fight. I realize that there could be differences between how the HSPA and LTE radios work with ICS. But you are kidding yourself if you honestly think VZW/Google/Sammy has delayed the release of this device because of problems that became evident once the device was released in Europe (i.e. Volume bug). We'd all like to think a company would do that for us, but they won't. They just want to make as much money as possible. if the problem is a new problem (i.e. LTE radio issues), then yes, we certainly would expect them to fix the problem prior to release.

The original bionic was not ever released, so no, that's not an example.

the original bionic was not released due to....bugs. thus it is an example of vz holding back a device due to bugs. im not going along withthis conspiracy. and im not saying vz is holding back cuz volume bug, they clearly held back the device before the europe release. i would go in more detail here but im getting mad at writing anything from my d1. i keep hitting 3 button at one and can only see a limiting number of posts so im crippled til i get to a pc. :/

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
the original bionic was not released due to....bugs. thus it is an example of vz holding back a device due to bugs. im not going along withthis conspiracy. and im not saying vz is holding back cuz volume bug, they clearly held back the device before the europe release. i would go in more detail here but im getting mad at writing anything from my d1. i keep hitting 3 button at one and can only see a limiting number of posts so im crippled til i get to a pc. :/

The original Bionic was scrapped because the LTE radio wouldn't even function with the processor they used and it was overheating.

I wouldn't call those "bugs", I would call those complete hardware design flaws.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The original Bionic was scrapped because the LTE radio wouldn't even function with the processor they used and it was overheating.

I wouldn't call those "bugs", I would call those complete hardware design flaws.

Had no idea that was the reason. Luckily, the Nexus' "bugs" doesn't seem to be severe

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

congrats im sure its a good phone. i just wanted to poke in for the less experienced. this is somewhat misleading. as the rezound only has what is called a temp root. so while you can root it it will be unrooted after a reboot. and s-off has not been acheived either. which is similar to a locked bootloader. while im sure they will achieve permanent root and s-off at some point they have not as of yet.
Also many people have had problems with this temp root, but many have also achieved it. But its not like permanent root you may be use to.
the screen on the rezound is great, and the sdcard is a big plus. some say camera is better, processors are a preference to the person from what i have seen, i prefer omaps over snapdragon but many are the other way. if they get it really rooted and s-off it will be big in competition with the nexus.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Irregardless, it appears, or at least implies, by this statement from Samsung, the phone is being put off by Samsung and not by Verizon. Wish I knew the reason; so does everyone else.

Regardless, it was implied by many people close to this phone that it would be released mid-end of November. Also, irregardless is not a proper word. Next time try it without the 'ir' on the front. That way it'll sound a lot less like nails on a chalkboard in my head when I read it.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Big Ry

Reaction score

Yeah, that's true about the bionic, but that's not what I was talking about anyway. nevermind the argument at this point. Typing on my D2 is pissing me off too cause my touch sensitivity is so bad. I think I just get mad every time I come on here cause im using my crappy D2 still. Btw, if you have Intel into a delay on the international GN, you should share it in the news/rumor section.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, that's true about the bionic, but that's not what I was talking about anyway. nevermind the argument at this point. Typing on my D2 is pissing me off too cause my touch sensitivity is so bad. I think I just get mad every time I come on here cause im using my crappy D2 still. Btw, if you have Intel into a delay on the international GN, you should share it in the news/rumor section.

D2? Some D1 owners would be mad at you for complaining about having the better hardware device:D

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
D2? Some D1 owners would be mad at you for complaining about having the better hardware device:D

I don't really like my D2
My D1 was so better and the D2 is so difficult to boot into recovery bc some roms won't let u so u have to rsd it or sbf

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: Miui 1.11.9 ICS
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2