Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Galaxy Nexus November Launch: Denied - Coming to Verizon in December

View attachment 42808
\

After being announced just over a month ago, Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy Nexus for Verizon will not be launched until December. This comes to us with little surprise, as rumors of its delay have been floating around for the last few weeks. Samsung did not give a reason for the delay, nor the actual release date. December 8th is starting to look like the day that Ice Cream Sandwich drops in the US officially, as Samsung has stated that they will be keeping the US and Canadian releases in sync (the Canadian Galaxy Nexus is launching on the 8th).

There is still no official release date, however, causing even more angry consumers.
We’ve all been sitting here patiently waiting for our next dessert, as well as some of the fastest hardware to date. Who’s waiting it out to receive the newest update? Or are you going to pick up a different device in all of these holiday sales? Let us know in the comments!

Source: Droiddog

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBears

Reaction score
Losing interest daily in this phone...Need something to spark it back up.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

I know how you feel. I still think it's a great device, but the longer it takes to come out the closer I am to a quad core and my phone receiving an update. I have a D3 right now so it's not like my phone is a slouch.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I like to think they're working out the bugs during this time. Trying to be optimistic about it, the only rumor I truly believed in was any late November date anyway. Guess Dec isn't too far away, I'll be upset if Canada gets it before us though so we better get it before or by the 8th

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Wouldn't a release date have to be announced in the first place for it to be "officially delayed"?

doublea500

Reaction score
i just want a date.

and larry, a release date of november was announced... now its october.

BUckeyemike84

Reaction score
VZW is really screwing this up! I am almost ready to switch to a different carrier. VZW is justing pissing me off by dragging this out. I don't mind waiting, but give a damn date to go by! %$=%*&*&#!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wouldn't a release date have to be announced in the first place for it to be "officially delayed"?

Well it was pretty much confirmed through an interview that it would be released "by November", saw it on the Engadget show. It was the guy who wore the white suit at the original unveiling, don't know his name.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
How is this a delay if they never announced a release date.?

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

ugandanbear

Reaction score

I'm with you there too, but think about this. If you're a Verizon customer (I am), how many phones with unlocked bootloaders will there be in the future on our network? I think not many. This is why I'm waiting until it finally arrives. Plus, the dev work on this phone will be bananas. First Nexus device on Verizon, First phone with ICS. The POTENTIAL is endless. What we receive out of that nice white box next month will be lovely and beautiful, but not even close to what we will be playing with 6 months from then when we are all rocking sick, fast, intuitive ROMS on custom kernels. There's your spark. Oh, even without Cutler, BEAR DOWN!

GoBears

Reaction score
I really think they're going to be ok with Hanie. As long as Martz uses his head that is. GO BEARS!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So P3 was right!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
Just goes to show you how many of us are watching this. This thread is flying already lol.