Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming to Canada December 8th (May Hint at Same Date for U.S.)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
g-nex-canada-bell-dec-8.JPG

Late last week, we heard rumors that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus might make it to store shelves here in the U.S. today, but that unfortunately didn't pan out. However, Canada's carrier "Bell" has confirmed that they will be getting the phone on December 8th. Sometimes a launch in Canada ends up being a North American launch as well, so this could be a hint that Verizon will get their version of the Galaxy Nexus that same day. There have even been some other rumors floating about previously suggesting that date.

An official Canadian launch on December 8th sure seems to point to that as a solid date, but since we were burned once before on thinking today may be the day, we will chock this up to speculation at most for now. We can keep our fingers crossed though...

Source: Bell Canada

jengas kahn

Reaction score
interested to see how exactly they preloaded and integrated gmail and maps "like never before".

Willyammer

Reaction score
Maybe we should start a petition stating that if Verizon doesn't release the Galaxy Nexus by this Friday, the signees will move to ATT and purchase a non-Samsung phone. OR even better/worse, an Apple!
Once these companies see all 10 (am I being to optimistic in my #?) of our signatures, I'm sure they'll cave in and offer it straight away. :icon_ devil:

Reaction score
This is exactly 90days after the bionic, good thing costco has a 90 day return policy :icon_ banana:

astokes

Reaction score
wow, the uk already has it, now Canada has a solid release date, and here we sit in the USA with nothing, thanks Verizon ;/

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hope Verizon isn't holding back the release to try and get more of their bloatware on the phone.:frown:

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The guy from Google who runs the ICS development team said it would be here in November.
I am thinking It will be Tuesday the 29th after all the black Friday deals & hype.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
12/08 is a Thursday, it aligns well with Verizon's habit of Thursday launch although they did change it for the RAZR and Rezound so who knows.

bcusf

Reaction score
I would assume it would be 14 days After the last Verizon phone which is the Razr. That's so you don't take back the Razr within Verizon's 14 day return policy. Razer released Nov. 11, so I don't expect their next phone release to happen prior to Nov. 25th!

Captmilk

Reaction score
I would assume it would be 14 days After the last Verizon phone which is the Razr. That's so you don't take back the Razr within Verizon's 14 day return policy. Razer released Nov. 11, so I don't expect their next phone release to happen prior to Nov. 25th!

Rezound was the 14th so 28th?

bcusf

Reaction score
The latest rumor is Dec. 8th, I was just merly stating that Verizon does not typically release major phones within a 14 day window, so it had to be past that.
Looks like the Incredible 2 Red is scheduled for Nov. 25th.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The guy from Google who runs the ICS development team said it would be here in November.
I am thinking It will be Tuesday the 29th after all the black Friday deals & hype.

Very true, I remember his interview on the Engadget Show. Forgot about that....

Wait and see though...