Galaxy Nexus Launch on Bell and Virgin Mobile in Canada; US Late to the Party

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-Nexus-Bell-Virgin-Mobile.jpg

It looks like the U.S. will be "late to the party" getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The device just launched in Canada at Bell and Virgin Mobile, both of which are offering the device for $159.99 On-Contract, or $649.99 off-contract.

That's lovely... not only do the lucky Canadian's get it first, but they get it cheaper too! Aren't folks in the U.S. so fortunate that this was a Verizon exclusive... :icon_rolleyes: Be sure to visit our International Samsung Galaxy Nexus Forum for more discussions!

Source: TalkAndroid and Bell and VirginMobile

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Verizon exclusive, yet practically everywhere except Verizon has it already... That makes sense to me! Even ATT/TMobile "have it" through imported unlocked devices. :blink:

Not that I think necessarily the US or any specific country should get it first, but I think its pretty ridiculous that Verizon is so late.

ghorig

Reaction score
I think Canadian contracts are longer than 2 years, allowing the phone to be subsidized further. Given how quickly these devices get obsolete, I'd rather pay a little more and get a shorter term contract.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
ROFL, Not only do the peeps across the pond get it before us but so do peeps above us. For a VZ exclusive... its just kind of wow. :blink:

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
i called verizon this morning and talked to someone about my account (outside of sales), then started asking about the nexus...

she said the "previous relaease date" (12/9) has been pushed and they hope to sell it "sometime next week." the phones are going to stores and not being recalled. I then asked about any other information and she responded "let me get on google, well engagdet says..." - "thank you ma'am...have a good day." :)

Willyammer

Reaction score
I've been limping along with my OG for the past several months. I might well abandon the big Red ship if this phone doesn't come out by next Friday. :mad: