Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Owners To Receive Same-Day Update On Launch Day

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-update1.jpg

It looks like the Friday, December 9th launch date for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus could be flip-flopping, at least according to some of the latest rumors on the web. Regardless of what date it actually launches, a new report suggests that the phone will be getting a same-day update for new owners. Supposedly, within two hours of purchasing and firing up your new Galaxy Nexus you will be receiving the Android 4.1 update that has been going out to test devices last week. This is the fix for whatever issues have held up the phone previously, and likely includes the volume control issue fix as well (which may be one in the same). Reports indicate that the update is not very large and should only take 3-5 mins.

Thanks to our tipster, developer - winner00!

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
a ".1" update is pretty significant in android OS conventions....something must have been SERIOUSLY wrong to warrant it (other than the 2g phone issue)

techRob

Reaction score
it was having an issue with 900Mhz signal as well ... dunno. either way, I can put my OG out of it's misery this weekend (hopefully) :D

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
As first I was very impressed, then I thought,"what's wrong with the phone?" to need an update at start-up?

Still kinda cool to get it before you load data or apps on the phone, that's why it's a Nexus.

thorton02

Reaction score
Do you think this update is to include flash for ICS or does that come directly from Adobe? The 900 mhz thing shouldn't really affect anyone in the US.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
See kids, that's why you but a nexus! If that was a Moto phone, you _may_ get an update within the year!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

suliman

Reaction score
im pretty sure this update encrypts and locks the bootloader, add a setting that automatically bricks the phone upon attempting to root, and automatically downloads 20 vzw bloatware apps upon completion.