Samsung Confirms Oct. 27th Event for Galaxy Note, Not the Galaxy Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-confirms-Oct-27th-event-but-its-for-the-Galaxy-Note-not-Nexus-Prime.jpg

This report looks like good news and bad news, plus some worse news. The good news is that Samsung has confirmed that they will have a press conference in the UK on October 27th. The bad news (at least for those hoping to hear about the Galaxy Nexus) is that this event is not for the Galaxy Nexus device. Samsung confirmed the rumor that this event was planned all along and is for the Galaxy Note, the giant 5.3-inch hybrid phone/tablet.

The second bit even worse news is that the Apple memorial service for Steve Jobs will likely be held on October 19th. This is the same date that was recently rumored Samsung would hold their launch event for the Galaxy Nexus device here in the States. Since the whole reason Samsung postponed the CTIA October 11th launch of the Galaxy Nexus, was to offer respect to the passing of Mr. Jobs, it is now unlikely that the launch event will happen on that date either.

Of course, much of this date-changing was pure speculation to begin with, so we will just have to confirm things when they finally happen.

Source: GalaxyForums.net via PhoneArena

Updated: This writer confused funeral service with Apple's memorial service. Doh!

jcardona1

Reaction score
Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever. And I'll say what I said in the rumor mill thread:

If the Nexus doesn't get announced BEFORE the 27th, then something has to be going on. Why would they postpone the release because of Steve, not announce a re-scheduled date, and then proceed to unveil a different phone on the 27th? If the Nexus will really be announced in Hong Kong on the 19th, why hasn't it been made public yet? We knew about the 10/11 event weeks before. Something doesn't add up. I'm an auditor so it's my job to be skeptical. Sorry :)

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
What? Everything I read online said his funeral was held privately on 10/7.

confusing for 2 reasons

1. i thought the "employee" event was on the 19th (i may be wrong here)
2. the other rumor was a patent issue (not steve jobs passing), so why would they care if the event was on the 19th?

jonnhatch

Reaction score
I kind of want the Note. It looks sweet. Anyone know whether its coming to Verizon?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
There has never been on official release date or anything regarding the Nexus, so how can there be any delays???? People here rumors and take them as gospel and then get upset when the rumors don't prove true.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
darn. I wsa hoping for Q1. I really want that phone, but my upgrade is in March. Hope its still around by then. Hope its easily modified too =)

GrillMouster

Reaction score
If the announcement doesn't happen by the 19th I may go ahead and buy the 4S. I can always return it or sell it (they really hold their value) when the Nexus comes out.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
darn. I wsa hoping for Q1. I really want that phone, but my upgrade is in March. Hope its still around by then. Hope its easily modified too =)

Don't think you have much to worry about, it should still be around and probably at a great price. And if it is not, that should me that something mind-blowing came along to push it out.

As far as the Note is concerned, first rumors I heard was that it wouldn't get a US launch... we may find out different on the 27th.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the announcement doesn't happen by the 19th I may go ahead and buy the 4S. I can always return it or sell it (they really hold their value) when the Nexus comes out.

I see a lot of people with this "or just sell it" mentality if they decide to go with a different phone... it seems like such a pain to unload a high dollar device to me... what method do people usually use to sell off a new or slight used phone? What kind of value recuperation is usually expected? 75% retail?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There has never been on official release date or anything regarding the Nexus, so how can there be any delays???? People here rumors and take them as gospel and then get upset when the rumors don't prove true.
While they didn't say specifically the nexus they did have it lined up for ctia and then canceled it. No phone is going to be announced through the media invitation as that would technically be announcing the device. The next best thing and its what they always do and did for this device was It was heavily hinted at, invited the media and lots of winks and nods for the CTIA event....Look at the invitation. Google event and Samsung event. They couldn't have been more clear without coming out and announcing the device...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trying my best not to invest much thought into the rumors, but I can't deny there's a sneaking dread creeping into the back of my mind...