[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Guys your acting like Verizon has an obligation to us geeks that frequent these forums (we are probably less than 1% of future sales, 99% of the population has never even heard of the Galaxy Nexus) to give us an etched in stone delivery date. This is not a Verizon branded flagship phone, you're not going to see big million dollar TV ads or see it on the Super Bowl halftime show.

I'm sure their just sitting back and looking at how the sales of their recent Verizon phones (Razor is one examlpe) are doing and when their sales start to fall off then and only then will they feel obligated to get the Nexus out the door. Once a phone has been eclipsed by a new one it's almost impossible to get rid of their old stock of the "latest and greatest". That's just good business practice, they will release it when it bests suits them not us.

You have to look at it from their point of view especially when the cell phone manufacturers are coming out with truly unique handsets at almost a monthly pace. Get used to a quickly changing market were AT&T, Verizon and Sprint etc. don't have the time to develop a firm marketing strategy, etched in stone delivery dates, properly trained salespeople etc.

I'm not getting my ball's in an uproar, my OG Droid still works and who knows I might not even get the Nexus, MY STRATEGY vs. Verizon's is to wait a week or two after it's delivered and see what the response is from all you early adopters. My new every two decision is an important one to me I just don't have the money right now to get a new phone on a whim or the time to play the Ebay buy and sell game.

Ron W.

captclueless

Reaction score
I'm not getting my ball's in an uproar, my OG Droid still works and who knows I might not even get the Nexus, MY STRATEGY vs. Verizon's is to wait a week or two after it's delivered and see what the response is from all you early adopters. My new every two decision is an important one to me I just don't have the money right now to get a new phone on a whim or the time to play the Ebay buy and sell game.

Ron W.

That's great for YOU. Some of us like me, who's OG droid wont even allow me to make or receive a call with any degree of certainty, and locks up on my on a whim, can't wait. I've even gotten to the point where I have all my phone calls forwarded to my work iphone. But I do alot more then just make calls on my smartphone. So basically any app I use on my OG droid, is now worthless. :blink: I have done alot of reserach, and the nexus is the only phone I want. I don't want a razr, a rezound or anything else. So Verizon can sit and look at numbers all they want. But that's not gonna make my phone work any better then it does. sure there are people who will be perfectly with a razr, or rezound, or whatever else is out that they like. But not me. I want a nexus. Period. Point. Blank. And until they get off their asses and release it, I will not be happy.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Could the delays be because of the ongoing 4g LTE outage nationwide because it is having an effect on activating new 4g devices?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Guys your acting like Verizon has an obligation to us geeks that frequent these forums (we are probably less than 1% of future sales, 99% of the population has never even heard of the Galaxy Nexus) to give us an etched in stone delivery date. This is not a Verizon branded flagship phone, you're not going to see big million dollar TV ads or see it on the Super Bowl halftime show.

I don't think this is true , only during last year I personally went to the Verizon store with 12 people and told them what phones to buy . I also moved 3 of my friends from Verizon to Sprint and each one had 3 lines , that's 9 lines taken from VZ . They are happier with Sprint cause they pay less and the speeds are way better , Sprint has 4G and better signal in their area and VZ doesn't . Also I'm an IT consultant for a company , guess who decides what phones the employees get to be setup on their network . I also talk to a lot of people about phones. I believe other technical people like me are also asked for their opinion when one of their friends wants to buy a new phone so I think we geeks are more than 1% of their sales .

chewy74

Reaction score
i can't say that i'm suprised because i'm not...

g-nex by decembers end or an iphone 4s owner i will be

:iphone:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I truly do not understand how VZW is allowing these issues to continue. Sprint seems to have arrived at a solution!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is true , only during last year I personally went to the Verizon store with 12 people and told them what phones to buy . I also moved 3 of my friends from Verizon to Sprint and each one had 3 lines , that's 9 lines taken from VZ . They are happier with Sprint cause they pay less and the speeds are way better , Sprint has 4G and better signal in their area and VZ doesn't . Also I'm an IT consultant for a company , guess who decides what phones the employees get to be setup on their network . I also talk to a lot of people about phones. I believe other technical people like me are also asked for their opinion when one of their friends wants to buy a new phone so I think we geeks are more than 1% of their sales .

I dunno, even if us forumers were more then 1%, I don't see it being a huge number over 1%. Maybe 2 or 3%? While that's nothing to scoff at, the truth of the matter is more customers are going to be swayed by a commercial that says "your smartphone remembers what you do and learns from it" or whatever crap they're saying about the RAZR, then them saying "pure android". ICS really is a selling point only for us here because we know about it. If you ask the average user they wont have a clue what ICS is (or what a Nexus is for that matter).

The truth of the matter is, the group who want the Nexus are a negligible group to Verizon. I don't know the reason the phone is being delayed, whether its to unload RAZRs and Rezounds, or because there's something wrong with the phone itself (doubtful considering every 4G phone has had an issue), or because this was Verizon's plan all along. What I do know is VZW isn't just haphazardly delaying the phone to piss people off. They're a multi-billion dollar corporation, I give them a little bit more credit then they just felt like delaying something for no possible reason.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This article was written because Verizon made an announcement. Check out the CNET article.

The only thing that cnet article claims VZW stated is that "We haven't officially announced a launch date for the Galaxy Nexus". Am I missing something in the article? What announcement are you talking about?

AZClimber

Reaction score
Verizon is just trying to get rid of their 3G stock of phones in warehouses by putting doubt in peoples minds about 4G. By January they'll flip the 4G switch back to ON and everyone will beatch about buying a 3G phone. I read it on the internet so it must be true!

:icon_ lala:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this delay is NOT because of bugs.

Verizon never gave a crap about bugs. Thunderbolt is perfect example of that. OTA ....reboots....verizon just told people they are aware of it...and the next update took months. Finally the next OTA comes out....but guess what....HTC's source kernel = reboots. Although not as widespread.

Verizon doesnt care about bugs. They care about money. If there is any delay its not to squash "critical" bugs...its because google wants google wallet on the phone...and verizon wont put it there. Trust me...Verizon's focus has NEVER been about customer satisfaction or giving customers what they want...its about money in their pockets.

Many people buying smart phones are clueless about them. In fact...Id say MOST people are. We are a small percentage of customer base. Id say MOST people dont even know what a galaxy nexus is. Why would verizon announce it. They are not concerned about the 0.5% a customers who actually know more about their phones than they do...they cater to the mass of smartphone ignorant people. These people wouldnt be able to tell you the difference between a charge and a nexus. Thats the folks vzw wants to sell to.

Last edited: